Virtuoso has announced the nominees for this year’s Best of the Best Awards, which include 50 top hotels and hospitality industry figures. The nominees are part of the organization’s Virtuoso Hotels & Resorts program, which includes over 1,300 luxury properties in more than 100 countries, all of which offer special perks to guests booked through a Virtuoso travel advisor or via www.virtuoso.com.
The luxury travel network, along with the editors of Virtuoso Life magazine, selected the contenders in each of the 10 categories. The Sustainable Tourism Leadership award acknowledges hotels that exemplify the commitment to the three pillars of sustainable tourism: preserving the environment, supporting local economies and celebrating cultures, Virtuoso said.
Virtuoso travel advisors are currently casting votes for their favorites. Winners will be announced on August 14, 2019, during Virtuoso Travel Week at Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
Here is the full list of nominees:
Best Achievement in Design
- Amanyangyun, Shanghai, China
- Belmond Cap Juluca, British West Indies, Anguilla
- Cheval Blanc St-Tropez, St. Tropez, France
- Raffles Europejski Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
- Rosewood Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
- Le Bar Long, Le Royal Monceau - Raffles Paris, Paris, France
- Le Sirenuse Champagne Bar, Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club, Surfside, Florida, U.S.
- The Chapel Bar, The Jaffa, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
- The Flying Stag, The Fife Arms, Ballater, U.K
- Z Bar, Peninsula Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Best Dining Experience
- Doot Doot Doot, Jackalope Hotel, Mornington, Australia
- Francis Mallman at Chateau La Coste, Villa La Coste, Le Puy-Sainte-Réparade, France
- Kerridge’s Bar and Grill, Corinthia Hotel London, London, U.K.
- Lorenz Adlon Esszimmer, Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin, Berlin, Germany
- Restaurant Le Gabriel, La Reserve Paris Hotel and Spa, Paris, France
Best Family Program
- Gleneagles, Scotland, Auchterarder, Perthshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Half Moon, Jamaica, Montego Bay, Jamaica
- One&Only Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
- Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, Rome, Italy
Best Wellness Program
- Anantara Quy Nhon Villas, Quy Nhon, Vietnam
- Lefay Resort & Spa Lago di Garda, Lake Garda, Italy
- Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, Tucson, Arizona, U.S
- SHA Wellness Clinic, Alicante, Spain
- The Oberoi Sukhvilas Resort & Spa, Chandigarh, India
Sustainable Tourism Leadership
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley, Wolgan Valley, Australia
- Soneva Fushi, Kunfunadhoo Island, Baa Atoll, Maldives
- Vermejo, A Ted Turner Reserve, Raton, New Mexico, U.S.
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, Landaa Giraavaru, Maldives
- Londolozi Game Reserve, Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
Best Virtuoso Newcomer
- Capella Ubud, Bali, Ubud, Indonesia
- Heckfield Place, Hook, U.K.
- Hotel Lutetia, Paris, France
- Montage Los Cabos, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Six Senses Duxton, Singapore, Singapore
Best Virtuoso Hotel Ambassador
- Alexis Romer, Marriott International Luxury Brands
- Carlos Quereda, Querido Representation Co.
- Stefanie Brueckner, The Fontenay Hamburg
- Steven Lassman, Villas of Distinction
- Tristan Dowell, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hotelier of the Year
- Amanda Hyndman, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London, London, U.K.
- Anthony Costa, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Dubai, U.A.E.
- Ivan Artolli, Hotel de Paris Monte-Carlo, Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Marcus Bauder, Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
- Nathalie Seiler-Hayez, Beau-Rivage Palace, Lausanne, Switzerland
Hotel of the Year
- Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris, France
- Hotel Sacher Wien, Vienna, Austria
- The Balmoral, a Rocco Forte Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K.
- The Lowell, New York City, New York, U.S.
- Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands