Virtuoso has handpicked five emerging technology companies to take part in its Incubator program for 2017. Virtuoso Incubator focuses on nurturing new technology solutions, specifically for travel advisors. The program researches travel tech companies and then helps them refine and iterate their product. This year, Virtuoso received applications for their Incubator program from more than 60 companies.
Incubator companies receive real-world input from a panel of Virtuoso advisors who test the product and suggest improvements so it will better serve the needs of travel agencies, consultants and clients. More than 60 of the Virtuoso advisors are volunteering in this capacity, with a member of Virtuoso’s Technology Committee acting as each panel’s liaison to the Incubator program. The Technology Committee also assists with vetting applicants and approving the companies that are offered Virtuoso preferred partner status
This year's participants are:
- Approach Guides: Its Trip Reads destination content service — featuring inspirational and thought-provoking videos, articles, books and podcasts — highlights cultural aspects of places around the world.
- TravelContact (formerly Alanna): A CRM technology that includes a client and provider database, email and newsletter marketing platform, smart multichannel communication, beginning-to-end trip builder, interactive client portal and a smart dashboard where advisors can see daily tasks.
- Tagible: Software that extracts keywords, making the words interactive and overlaying curated content such as YouTube, Google Maps and Pinterest. Drives engagement and increase conversion rate and time on site by keeping visitors on the agency’s website.
- tripFiles: A free private social network where travelers can store all their videos and photos at no charge, safely share trips, and never need to email/text photos to their travel companions.
- Xlpr VR: An app-based virtual reality platform tailored for the travel industry. It guides users on an immersive, emotionally engaging journey through a destination, leading to dramatically increased sales conversion rates and foot traffic. In addition, it educates advisors on destinations.