Maybe you have a client whose New Year's resolution is to pick up or hone his/her skills in a new hobby. If that's the case, then take a gander at HotelsCombined.com's top 10 places in the United States to pursue hobbies. In recognition of January as National Hobby Month, the site is listing its top picks with some hints at where to get in on some good deals.
1. Golfing - Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida— Sawgrass Marriott Resort & Spa. TPC Sawgrass— home of the PGA Tour Headquarters— is the ultimate golf destination. The Sawgrass Marriott offers golfers exclusive access to the PGA TOUR's most respected tournament course - THE PLAYERS Stadium Course.
2. Cooking - New Orleans— Edgar Degas Historic Home, Courtyard & Inn. The renowned culinary school, The New Orleans Cooking Experience, is located just minutes from this luxurious Inn and grants budding chefs personalized cooking classes and vacation programs that teach authentic Creole cuisines.
3. Motorcycle Riding - Las Cruces, New Mexico— Hotel Encanto. Motorcyclists tour Southern New Mexico on the back of a Harley and take in six different climate zones in less than an hour. After a long day of exploring New Mexico's snowy mountains and white sand dunes, riders unwind at the Hotel Encanto.
4. Photography - Denver— Hotel Teatro. The traditional and contemporary feel of Denver is perfectly emulated by the Hotel Teatro, which provides photographers a great starting point to capture this city's diverse historical architecture, vibrant nightlife and beautiful natural scenery.
5. Skiing - Jackson Hole, Wyoming— Amangani Resort. Nearly 7,000 feet above sea level, the Amangani Resort showcases panoramic views of snow-capped peaks around the Grand Teton National Park and direct access to some of North America's most thrilling skiing terrain.
6. Fishing - The Emerald Coast, Florida— Pelican Beach Resort. Nicknamed the "World's Luckiest Fishing Village," the city of Destin is a fisherman's paradise. The resort offers access to private and group fishing charters that include a variety of half-day and full-day deep sea, inshore and bottom fishing options.
7. Antique Shopping - Hudson, New York— Union Street Guest House. Antique collectors searching for period American furniture and fine art will revel in the Union Street Guest House central location next to 65 antique shops and five historic walking blocks.
8. Surfing - Huntington Beach, California— Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa. Wave hunters staying at the Hyatt Regency wake up to the invigorating scent of the Pacific Ocean breeze and enjoy some of the world's best swells in this dynamic coastal town known as "Surf City USA."
9. Beer Tasting - Philadelphia— Penn's View Hotel. Philadelphia's storied brewing history and its emerging microbrewery scene is ideal for tasting countless unique ales. Situated next door to several famous brewers, this historic hotel is an easy walk home after a carefree night of sampling the local beer.
10. Collecting Shark Teeth - Venice, Florida— Inn at the Beach Resort. Known as the "Shark Tooth Capital of the World," Venice, Florida and the Inn at the Beach resort allow beachcombers, snorkelers and scuba divers the opportunity to discover rare shark teeth fossil buried in and around the resort grounds.