In our latest print edition of Travel Agent, Ruthanne Terrero began gauging the industry's outlook for 2010 and asked for feedback from other travel professionals. It didn't take long for Shannon Stowell, president of Adventure Travel Trade Association, to share some positive news.
A poll of 303 adventure tour operators from around the globe were asked, "What is your revenue outlook for the year of 2010, compared to 2009?"
* 65 percent believe their business will be up
* 20 percent believe it will be flat
* 9 percent believe it will be down
* 6 percent don’t know
This same group experienced the following in 2009 (vs. 2008):
* 35 percent were up in 2009 compared to 2008
* 46 percent were down in 2009 compared to 2008
* 17 percent were flat in 2009 compared to 2008
It appears that the environment for adventure tour operators globally is optimistic and definitely improving, which is great news for everyone.
What about you? Do you have any positive data regarding 2010 in the travel industry? Send us a tweet at our Twitter page, share news on our Facebook page, post a comment below, or start your own disucssion at AgentNation.