|Apple Vacations enjoyed record attendance at their 26th Annual Trade Show at Drury Lane in Oakbrook Terrace, Ill. More than 1000 travel agents came to meet fellow members of the industry, and enjoy great food and entertainment as well.|
The Golden and Crystal Apple Awards at Apple Vacations’ 26th annual luncheon were held at Drury Lane in Oakbrook Terrace, Ill., on Sept. 10, 2013. Jeff Mullen, Apple Vacations Co-President, and Timothy Mullen, Co-President of Apple Vacations, honored this year's recipients.
One hundred ninety resorts throughout Mexico, the Caribbean, Costa Rica and Hawaii received the People’s Choice award for high levels of excellence. Apple invited more than 1000 travel agents for its annual trade show, with representatives from major airlines, ground operators, car rental companies, tourism boards and hotels handed out materials at 125 booths.
Apple Vacations’ awards are given to hotels that have earned exceptional ratings on Apple’s Vacation Satisfaction Questionnaires, completed by customers upon their return home.
Golden Apple designation builds consumer confidence and has a major influence on their purchase decisions. The award-winning hotels are featured on AppleVacations.com and in Apple’s product catalogs with a Golden Apple next to their hotel name.
The recipients of the 2013 Crystal Apple Award are:
- Best Destination – Riviera Maya
- Best Hotel Chain – Secrets Resorts & Spas
- Best All-Inclusive Resort – IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Rose Hall
- Best All-Inclusive Family Resort (new category) - Grand Bahia Principe Coba
- Best Staff & Service, Mexico – Secrets the Vine Cancun
- Best Staff & Service, Caribbean – Couples Swept Away
- Best Staff & Service, Central America - Riu Palace Costa Rica
- Best Staff & Service, Hawaii – Hilton Waikoloa Village