River cruise company Aqua Expeditons has partnered with the Schakelton & Selous Society to create the Safari Odyssey, a 14-day adventure into the African wilderness. The Safari Odyssey has been developed with the dual purpose of exploring the Congo River and the White Nile, and traveling through Nambia, Congo and Uganda.
Guests will have the opportunity to explore remote regions of Africa, with access allowed only to those who are intimately familiar with the territory. The trip will also incorporate a few days of cycling for those interested in an active element. The Safari Odyssey is co-hosted by Aqua Expeditions founder Francesco Galli-Zugaro and safari guide Howard Saunders.
- Exploring the Congo River out of Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
- Seeing gorillas in the Republic of Congo
- Exploring Murchison Falls National Park and the source of the Nile in Uganda and Lake Albert
- Cycling in Nambia among black rhino and desert-adapted elephants (support vehicles available for non-bikers)
- All flights will be in two private planes from the meeting point in Johannesburg or Cape Town, reducing transfer times
The cost for the Safari Odyssey is approximately $25,760 USD per person and includes: internal flights, accommodations, meals, service charges, alcoholic beverages, bottled mineral water and sodas in camp and on drives; all park entry, camping and activity fees; gorilla tracking permits; daily laundry service; and professional safari guides. International flights, airport departure taxes, entry visas, gratuities and miscellaneous charges are additional. Spots are limited.
Aqua Expeditions was founded to cater to adventure travelers seeking to explore remote and culture-infused destinations aboard luxury voyages.