Crystal Cruises’ guests and crew will have an opportunity to participate in the “You Care, We Care” program during Crystal Serenity’s 89-day, L.A. to London global journey departing Jan. 18, 2014. Volunteers can help underprivileged children, the eco-system, or a local memorial, in Hawaii, Asia, and/or Africa, with Crystal handling all costs and logistics.
Crystal offers one complimentary voluntour per cruise, always aiding a small, local organization. However, the World Cruise’s five segments next year will have seven unique excursions in seven ports.
Assistance opportunities include:
• Gardening and weeding Honolulu’s Makapu’u Beach
• Helping build structures and clean playgrounds at Father’s Home Care Ministries’ home for disadvantaged children in Takoradi, Ghana.
• Reading to underprivileged children as part of Singapore’s LIFE program (offered on two World Cruise segments).
• Teaching, singing, gardening and playing with orphans in Sihanoukville, Cambodia.
• Preparing meals, babysitting, or reading to abused and neglected children of Baphumelele Children’s Home near Cape Town, South Africa.
• Making candles for Nagasaki’s annual Peace Ceremony.
• Take part in day-to-day programs of the orphaned children in Durban, South Africa’s SOS Children’s Village.
Singapore to Cape Town segment takes place March 10, 2014, and includes three different “You Care, We Care” opportunities during the 18-day voyage.
For more information, visit www.crystalcruises.com.
Pictured: A Crystal volunteer offers supplies to a villager in Cartagena, Columbia.