In a timely move in view of today's end to the government shutdown, Globus is inviting travelers to explore North America and the now open National Parks.
The diversity of experiences North America affords is endless, Globus says, offering trips to major sites with its Local Favorites program.
“With Globus, ‘sight-experiencing’ bests ‘sightseeing’ every time,” said Scott Nisbet, president and CEO of the Globus family of brands. “This idea couldn’t be more true in 2014 when we introduce our travelers to Local Favorites – a rare taste of the local flavors and behind-the-scenes journeys – on each and every North America tour.”
Local Favorites include:
- Touring the Gloria Ferrer wine caves and tasting their wines (9-day Northern California’s Finest)
- Being a part of a buffalo safari in Custer State Park, complete with western entertainment (15-day Exploring America’s Great Parks)
- Enjoying lunch with an Amish family while visiting their farm (8-day Patriot’s Passage)
In 2014, Globus says it is also introducing three new vacations from East to West Coasts: 10-day British Columbia Wildlife Safari, 10-day Discover Glacier National Park, Hells Canyon & Washington Wine Country and 9-day Wonders of the Maritimes & Scenic Cape Breton (a fall foliage tour).
Globus is also teaming up with the National Park Foundation (NPF), the official charity of America’s national parks, to provide unique tour experiences. As part of this GoParks! Tours partnership, when travelers book a Globus U.S. national parks vacation, the company will make a donation to the NPF at no additional cost to travelers.
“Our outdoor escapes – those vacations featuring America’s natural landscapes – are among our most popular vacations,” said Nisbet. Globus’ top five North American itineraries are:
- Parks & Canyon Spectacular (14 days). Features Yellowstone, Bryce Canyon, Zion and Grand Canyon National Parks.
- Grand Hawaii Vacation (13 days). Features Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Eastern U.S. & Canada Discovery (13 days)
- Spectacular Alaska (10 days). Features Denali and Kenai Fjords National Parks.
- California Classics (9 days). Features Yosemite National Park.
In 2014 Globus is also offering travelers themed, “Special Event” getaways in places like Alaska showcasing the Iditarod, California featuring the Tournament of Roses Parade and Calgary, attending the Stampede.
On all Globus’ North America tours, travelers are gain expertly designed, inclusive land programs that feature world-class accommodations, guided sightseeing, engaging lectures and unequaled VIP access into key destinations. Globus offers free Wi-Fi on every motorcoach.
Those booking select 2014 Globus GoParks! Tours vacations can save $500 per couple.