MIR Corporation is offering a chance to experience the country of Georgia on a journey that explores the area's culinary and cultural highlights. MIR Corporation guests will meet artisans, monks, chefs and winemakers on a 12-day tour as they discover the history and living traditions of Georgia. “A Taste of Georgia: Wine, Cuisine & Culture” is slated for October 3-14, 2018 and starts at $5,095 per person.
Tour Highlights include:
- Sampling natural wines made by monks at the Alaverdi Monastery.
- Learning how to make qvevri, huge earthenware vessels used in a traditional Georgian wine-making method.
- Exploring UNESCO-listed Gelati Monastery, adorned with frescoes and mosaics.
- Enjoying a performance by local Svan singers.
- Tasting hand-made cheeses and chocolates at the Phoka Nunnery.
- Sampling Georgian street food, like the warm cheese-stuffed bread called katchapouri.
- Visiting Pheasant’s Tears Winery for meal preparation with the chef.
- Touring Vardzia's cave monastery, once inhabited by more than 2,000 monks.
- Visiting the secluded Svaneti region, known for its UNESCO-listed medieval watchtowers and highland people.
Seattle-based MIR Corporation specializes in customized, culturally-immersive journeys to Central Asia, Russia and neighboring countries. Offering scheduled and custom journeys along the Trans-Siberian and across the Silk Route, MIR’s Seattle-based experts design trips that take travelers to notable destinations, and work closely with local affiliates in Western Russia, Siberia, Ukraine and Uzbekistan to carry them out. The company has twice been named one of National Geographic Adventure’s “Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth.”
For more information, visit www.mircorp.com.