Sure, it’s important to make sure you take the little ones to the restroom before you head off on that long drive, and you should always make sure that little Johnny has his favorite teddy bear, but keep these tips in mind when you decide to take that special trip you want them to remember.
1. Have realistic expectations.
2. Carefully choose a destination with interesting sights and places to visit for the kids.
3. Allow you children to be a part of the decision-making process as you select a destination and vacation activities.
4. Consider what type of travel is the right fit for your family’s needs.
5. Pack Light.
6. Expect the unexpected, and be flexible with your vacation’s schedule.
7. Keep the children busy with activities.
8. Watch over your children and don’t leave them unattended.
9. Remind your children to be polite and respectful of others.
10. When traveling long distances, schedule in an extra night to allow your kids time rest and get used to a new location.