If you are planning a trip to Italy with a special someone, take advantage of one of these romantic walking tours, designed by Anita Iaconangelo of Italian Connection Tours.
1. The Amalfi Coast's Pathway of the Gods: Follow a long terrace through lemon groves with views of the island of Capri. Visit the gardens of the Villa Cimbrone in Ravello.
2. Montepulciano to Pienza in southern Tuscany in May: Take in the green hills and red poppies, sample wine and pecorino cheese and end the day in Pienza with a walk down the Via dell'Amore.
3. Dolomites in July: Choose a short walk or a long hike through the Italian alps, which will be dotted with blue gentians, yellow buttercups, vanilla orchids and forget-me-nots. At the end of the day, take a chairlift down to San Cassiano or Corvara.
4. The Italian Riviera: A walk from Santa Margherita to Portofino offers views of the coast as well as the secluded estates. Walkers can stop for a swim at Paraggi. From Portofino, take the ferry back to Santa Margherita.
5. Lake Orta: Located in Piedmont, this walk goes along cobblestone lanes to Sacro Monte and then through the village to admire the frescoes. At sunset, enjoy an aperitivo by the lake.
6. Valley of the Temples in Agrigento: Take in the ancient temples at this site on Sicily's southern coast. The best time to travel is in the off season in January and February when the almond blossoms are in full bloom.
7. Radda to San Sano: This quiet trail winds through Tuscan vineyards and olive groves. The church of San Giusto is a perfect place for a wedding. The walk ends at San Sano, where the town's fountain has a bronze frog quaffing Chianti.
8. Lerici to Tellaro: This walk offers a view of the Bay of Poets, a favorite spot of Byron and Shelley. Close to the Cinque Terre, this walk follows a mule track up through olive groves, with views of the Apuane Alps and marble quarries of Carrara, followed by views of the sea.
9. Marettimo: This is a roadless island of the western coast of Sicily. The best time to travel is May when the wildflowers are in bloom. Take a hike to a secluded cove and arrange for a taxi boat to pick you up and bring you back to the port.
10. La Maremma: This walk leads to hot springs waterfall in the countryside near Saturnia. Follow the ancient Roman Via Clodia to a cafe for a cappuccino. For dinner, the 2-star Michelin restaurant Da Caino is highly recommended.