It's almost that time of year where everyone's a little green, a little Irish and, perhaps, adding an O' at the beginning of their last name. St. Patrick's Day has become a worldwide phenomenon with festivities that occur not only in the United States and Ireland, but also in the Caribbean, New Zealand and even Japan. In honor of everything Irish, HotelsCombined.com consulted with tourism bureaus and international travel resources to name the Top 10 Worldwide St. Patrick's Day Celebrations. Whether travelers seek iconic St. Patrick's Day festivities like raising a toast to the Emerald Isle in Dublin and witnessing the dyeing green of the Chicago River, or more unique celebrations such as the Afro-Irish calypso concerts in Montserrat or the singing Irish Order of Elvis in Hot Springs, AR, agents who have clients interested in memorable St. Patrick's Day celebrations should take note.
1. Dublin— La Stampa Hotel and Spa. Centrally located in the heart of Dublin, this luxurious boutique style townhouse offers Irish enthusiasts a chance to experience firsthand the world's premier St. Patrick's Day Festival, Ireland's largest national celebration.
2. New York City— Fitzpatrick Grand Central Hotel. Located within the hotel, the Wheeltapper Pub invites parade-watchers a chance to unwind after the largest U.S. St. Patrick's Day parade in this intimate venue decorated with authentic turn-of-the-century memorabilia from Ireland's railroad system.
3. Chicago— The Drake Hotel. A Chicago icon for more than 80 years, The Drake combines tradition and elegance to create a perfect complement to the city's historic St. Patrick's Day celebration, which begins with the world-famous dyeing green of the Chicago River.
4. Boston— The Lenox Hotel. Travelers commemorate one of the oldest American St. Patrick's Day celebrations with a new spin on "green" in Boston's premier environmentally innovative hotel, which was chosen as one of the five greenest luxury hotels in America by U.S. News & World Report.
5. Montreal—Hotel Le Crystal. At the onset of Canada's oldest St. Patrick's Day parade, a giant replica of St. Patrick greets parade-watchers and signals the official start of the festival. Afterwards, visitors enjoy a peaceful and cozy stay at Hotel Le Crystal, located just blocks from the parade route.
6. Savannah, GA— The Bohemian Hotel Riverfront. Savannah's foremost luxury hotel blends vintage allure with modern style to create a storied hotel experience. The city's weeklong St. Patrick's Day celebration, which draws more than 400,000 visitors, peaks with a grand parade just one block from the hotel.
7. Montserrat— Tropical Mansion Suites. Considered the "Emerald Isle of the Caribbean," Montserrat has a unique Afro-Irish culture and an impressive weeklong celebration of St. Patrick's Day. Travelers partake in Montserrat's natural beauty with a relaxing stay at the Tropical Mansion Suites.
8. Hot Springs, Arkansas— The Arlington Resort. Nicknamed the "World's Shortest St. Patrick's Day Parade," this celebration is truly one-of-a-kind with Irish belly dancers and the Irish Order of Elvis impersonators. After experiencing this quirky parade, visitors relax at the Arlington Resort in historic downtown.
9. Auckland, New Zealand— Heritage Hotel. Located underneath the Heritage Hotel, the distinctive Muddy Farmer Pub contains genuine Irish relics and memorabilia, brought to New Zealand from real Irish pubs, which perfectly enhance Auckland's exceptional St. Patrick's Day festivities.
10. Tokyo— Hotel Metropolitan. While Japan may seem like an unlikely destination for St. Patrick's Day celebrations, Tokyo's parade is one of the city's most beloved international events. The Hotel Metropolitan provides travelers with a peaceful urban oasis to unwind in after the parade festivities.