Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and it's that time of year again when families gather around the table for a nice meal with relatives. But instead of preparing to bunk down at home until the holidays, travelers can take loved ones on a spontaneous getaway.
Travel Agent reported last year that approximately 24 million passengers traveled by air during the 2012 Thanksgiving season. We have pulled together a list of 5 destinations where travelers and their familes can stay during Thanksgiving:
1. The Grand Del Mar - Located in downtown San Diego, the five-star hotel offers something for everyone including an equestrian center, a spa and adults-only pool, tennis courts and golf course. The hotel has a restaurant called Addison, and nightlife where party goers can dance all night at Club M. Other activities include snorkeling and kayaking in the La Jolla caves, hikes, sailing and tours while riding Segways. Parents can guide their children to the Explorer's Club where children take part in arts and crafts, outdoor activites and more.
2. The Spa at The Hotel Hershey - The Spa offers massages, facials, and chocolate-themed treatments, plus seasonal samplers and spa packages. Hair stylists, nail salon and makeup are also available for cosmetic needs. Visit the Quiet Room where guests can wait until treatment room is ready. The room has a fireplace, lounge chairs, drinks, food items and Hershey Kisses. Have lunch at the Oasis, where guests can dine on a small buffet while still wearing robes and slippers.
3. The Cloister at Sea Island - The 200-room hotel offer guests personal service, dining and signature activities, including the Sea Island Yacht Club, The Cloister Spa and The Cloister Beach Club. Guests can dine at four establishments housed in The Cloister area, including the Georgian Room. Luxury accommodations are provided in The Cloister (main building and wings), The Beach Club Suites and The Cloister Ocean Villas. Resort amenties include The Spa, boating, tennis, squash, and beach activities. Every room is fully equipped with 45-inch LCD HD televisions and deep-soaking tubs with separate rainhead showers.
4. The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe Hotel - Situated mid-mountain on Northstar California Resort, the hotel offers ski-in/ski-out access. The guestrooms and suites have in-room fireplaces and floor-to-ceiling windows. Guests can relax at the 17,000 sq ft slope-side spa with water- and woods-themed treatments. Dine at Manzanita which serves rustic California cuisine. Parents can bring their children to the program that includes games, arts and crafts, and more. "The Art of S'more" a daily activity where guests meet the property's resident marshmologist and make their own s'more treat around a fire pit. Other outdoor activities include hiking, biking, fly fishing out our backdoor and water sports on Alpine lakes.
5. Trump International Hotel & Tower New York - After completing a $30 million renovation in September 2010, the five-star hotel houses 176 luxury suites and guestrooms, which is complete with fully equipped kitchens, and floor-to-ceiling windows. Guests can also dine at the Jean Georges restaurant, and visit the Trump Spa, which offers different treatments and New York hotel packages, a fitness center and 55-foot heated indoor pool.