VisitFinland and independent travel specialist Avanti Destinations have launched a new 18-page e-brochure this month. Footprints Across Finland features five new customizable FIT itineraries, 10 new experiences and five new northern destinations.
Avanti Destinations has introduced five new destinations in Lapland. On the west coast, Kemi is home to the Snow Castle and the Sampo Icebreaker. Further north, near Finland’s northernmost ski resort and Urho Kekkonen National Park, the tour company has added stops in Ivalo and Inari. These remote small towns are ideally situated for winter sports, experiencing indigenous Sami (Lapp) culture and seeing the aurora borealis in the winter or the midnight sun in the summer. On the country’s eastern side, on the edge of Oulanka National Park, Avanti will now visit Ruka and Kuusamo.
The five new customizable itineraries are:
- Fantastic Finland – 10 days/nine nights in Helsinki, Ruka or Kuusamo, Rovaniemi, and Kemi. Includes private roundtrip transfers, hotels, private Helsinki walking tour, choice of wilderness hike or bear-watching in Ruka-Kuusamo, choice of ice-fishing or sauna experience in Ruka, visit to a Lapp family and reindeer farm followed by a visit to Santa Claus Village, cruise on the icebreaker Sampo and snowmobile safari in Kemi. Available December-April or June-August.
- Rovaniemi Regional Highlights – Three days/two nights in the capital of Finnish Lapland and official home of Santa Claus. Can be booked summer (June-September) or winter (December-April). Includes reindeer safari, meeting Santa Claus, hotel and private transfers.
- Helsinki Regional Highlights – Four days/three nights including private bike tour of Helsinki, private distillery experience with tasting, Helsinki Card. Optional activities that can be added: sauna experience, sightseeing cruise, Helsinki Design tour, berry-picking by bike tour, tour of Fazer chocolate factory.
- Finland Summer Adventure – Five days/four nights June-September in Ruka or Kuusamo. Includes private roundtrip transfers, hiking tour in Oulanka National Park, choice of river rafting or berry-picking and baking, bear-watching experience.
- Finland Winter Adventure – Five days/four nights December-April in Ruka or Kuusamo. Includes private roundtrip transfers, Northern Lights tour by snowshoe or sled, snowmobile safari, choice of ice fishing or sauna experience, one Lappish dinner experience.