It’s been a busy few months of strikes for travel in Europe.
A strike by a union representing pilots on Brussels Airlines continues today, May 16, forcing the airline to cancel part of its flight schedule. Here is a list of flights being operated today. Any flight not listed is canceled.
- SN465 Brussels - Kigali
- SN243 Brussels - Freetown
- SN2047 Brussels - Birmingham
- SN2249 Brussels - Billund
- SN2253 Brussels - Billund
- SN2303 Brussels - Stockholm
- SN2305 Brussels - Stockholm
- SN2307 Brussels - Stockholm
- SN2309 Brussels - Stockholm
- SN2313 Brussels - Göteborg
- SN2579 Brussels - Berlin
- SN2637 Brussels - Hannover
- SN2705 Brussels - Basel
- SN3563 Brussels - Nantes
- SN3569 Brussels - Nantes
- SN3629 Brussels - Paris
- SN2633 Brussels - Hannover
- SN2639 Brussels - Hannover
- SN3195 Brussels - Turin
- SN3661 Brussels - Strasbourg
- SN3631 Brussels - Paris 4:50 - 5:45
- SN3135 Brussels - Palermo 7:25 - 9:50
- SN3237 Brussels - Chaina 4:00 - 7:20
- SN3325 Brussels - Hurghada 11:10 - 16:00
- SN3369 Brussels - Tivat 12:55 - 15:10
- SN3375 Brussels - Varna 4:15 - 7:05
- SN3735 Brussels - Malaga 11:25 - 14:10
- SN3783 Brussels - Las Palmas Gran Canaria 11:55 - 16:20
- SN3791 Brussels - Jerez de la Frontera 4:00 - 6:45
- SN3781 Brussels - Tenerife 12:05 - 16:40
- SN516 Washington - Brussels
- SN552 Toronto - Brussels
- SN502 New York - Brussels
- SN2048 Birmingham - Brussels
- SN2250 Billund - Brussels
- SN2254 Billund - Brussels
- SN2304 Stockholm - Brussels
- SN2306 Stockholm - Brussels
- SN2308 Stockholm - Brussels
- SN2310 Stockholm - Brussels
- SN2314 Göteborg - Brussels
- SN2580 Berlin - Brussels
- SN2638 Hannover - Brussels
- SN2706 Basel - Brussels
- SN3564 Nantes - Brussels
- SN3570 Nantes - Brussels
- SN3628 Paris - Brussels
- SN2634 Hannover - Brussels
- SN2640 Hannover - Brussels
- SN3196 Turin - Brussels
- SN3662 Strabourg - Brussels
- SN3136 Palermo - Brussels 10:40 - 13:10
- SN3238 Chaina - Brussels 8:20 - 11:50
- SN3326 Hurghada - Brussels 17:00 - 22:25
- SN3370 Tivat - Brussels 16:00 - 18:25
- SN3736 Malaga - Brussels 15:00 - 17:45
- SN3376 Varna - Brussels 7:55 - 10:50
- SN3784 Las Palmas Gran Canaria- Brussels 17:20 - 21:25
- SN3792 Jerez de la Frontera - Brussels 97:35 - 10:20
- SN3782 Tenerife - Brussels 17:40 - 21:55
- SN372 Yaoundé - Douala
- SN286 Cotonou - Abidjan
- SN206 Conakry - Dakar
Brussels Airlines is advising guests to check the status of their flight before leaving for the airport. Customers with reservations for today or Wednesday can rebook at no extra cost through June 30, or opt for a full refund.
United Airlines is also offering a rebooking waiver. Customers scheduled to fly through Brussels today can rebook through May 24 in the originally ticketed cabin between the original city pair.
Air France Appoints New Leadership
Meanwhile, Air France, which has been hit by a number of strikes over the past few months, has appointed new leadership. Air France – KLM CEO Jean-Marc Janaillac resigned earlier this month after workers rejected the company’s wage proposal. Shortly thereafter, French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire warned that the government would not rescue the airline, and advised striking pilots, crew and ground staff to be “responsible,” saying that “the survival of Air France is at stake.” (The government of France owns a 14 percent stake in Air France – KLM).
Now TheLocal.fr reports that the airline group has named its CFO Frederic Gagey as its interim CEO. Gagey will sit on a new management committee alongside Franck Terner and Pieter Elbers, CEOs of the airline group’s French and Dutch operations, respectively, who will act as his deputies. Former French minister Anne-Marie Couderc was named non-executive chairman.
According to the report, the new CEO will not have a mandate to find a way out of the pay dispute which has been driving the strikes. Air France has not reported any further strikes expected to cause travel disruptions after the last ones, which took place May 7 - 8.
Meanwhile, an ongoing national strike is continuing to disrupt rail travel in France. National rail operator SNCF reports that the strike could continue to disrupt rail travel through May 31.
Information on the next day’s trains is available daily on the SNCF website and other information channels.