Flying may have become simpler— or more complex— with American Airlines' newly announced Your Choice service option that impacts boarding, flight changes and standby status. Your Choice provides key services intended to make the customer travel experience even more personalized, convenient, cost-effective and flexible than ever before, American says. But it comes at a price.
As part of the initial Your Choice offering, American is introducing a Boarding and Flexibility Package. More Your Choice services will be offered in the future. Customers can purchase the Boarding and Flexibility Package for travel within the continental United States when they purchase tickets at American’s web site, AA.com.
Details on the Boarding and Flexibility Package are as follows:
* Places passengers in Group 1 of General Boarding, which allows passengers to be one of the first groups to board the plane for your flight. (Group 1 boards immediately following PriorityAAccess customers).
* Provides a $75 Flight Change Discount, which means that if passengers need to change their itinerary, they will save $75 off the regular service charge when applicable.
* Allows passengers to standby for an earlier flight on the day of departure at no charge.
* Applies to all travelers in your reservation per-person charge.
* Offered for an introductory price of as little as $9 each way. Prices vary based by market and routing.
Examples of introductory prices for the Boarding and Flexibility (based on nonstop routing) package include:
In addition to the Boarding and Flexibility Package available to customers when purchasing their tickets at AA.com, later this summer American will offer Group 1 of General Boarding as a stand-alone option for customers, upon arrival at the airport. The introductory price for the Group 1 of General Boarding option is $10 each way, regardless of flight length, markets or routing. Services must be purchased for the entire itinerary. This option will be available for purchase up to one hour prior to scheduled flight departure, via the self-service check-in machines at most U.S. – and many worldwide – airports, American says.
As a reminder, American’s premium customers, including AAdvantage elite status members and oneworld elite status members, will continue to enjoy PriorityAAccess privileges, including early boarding, expedited check-in and security screening, and the option to standby for an earlier flight on the day of travel at no charge.