Henry Ward Beecher once said that a dog "is a god of frolic." And what better place for a pooch to frolic than a beach? Perhaps that's why Petside.com released its top 10 dog-friendly beaches list. Fortunately, there's still plenty of summertime left to enjoy them.
1. Cape San Blas (Port St. Joe, Florida)
2. Quiet Waters Park (Annapolis, Maryland)
3. Block Island (Rhode Island)
4. Cannon Beach (Cannon Beach, Oregon)
5. Fort De Soto Park (St. Petersburg, Florida)
6. Carmel City Beach (Carmel, California)
7. Jekyll Island (Georgia)
8. Coronado (San Diego)
9. Stewart Beach (Galveston, Texas)
10. Montrose Dog Beach (Chicago)
See the beaches in pictures at www.petside.com/wellness/top_10_dog-friendly_beaches.php.