Virgin America has announced two new seasonal routes: between New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL), and between Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) and Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS).
The New York JFK - Fort Lauderdale route will run as a daily nonstop service, and the Boston - Las Vegas route will run four times weekly. Both routes will offer seating in First Class, Main Cabin Select and Main Cabin.
Additionally, Virgin America will operate two extra roundtrip frequencies weekly between Las Vegas and New York JFK during the winter and early spring, bringing the number of weekly frequencies from seven to nine.
To celebrate the new routes, Virgin America is inviting travelers to share their best sun-inspired 'selfie' on Twitter using the #ThawOut hashtag for a chance to win two roundtrip Main Cabin tickets on one of these new winter escape routes.
Virgin America's 2014-2015 new seasonal services are as follows:
December 18, 2014 – April 28, 2015
- JFK- FLL: depart 8:00am and arrive 11:05am daily.
- FLL- JFK: depart 9:15am and arrive 11:55am daily.
January 8, 2015 – April 28, 2015
- BOS-LAS: depart 10:30am and arrive 1:40pm on Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- LAS-BOS: depart 2:50pm and arrive 10:40pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- LAS-BOS: depart at 3:35pm and arrive 11:25pm on Thursday.
January 5, 2015 – April 28, 2015*
- JFK-LAS: depart at 11:35am and arrive 2:35pm on Wednesday and Thursday.
- LAS-JFK: depart at 3:10pm and arrive at 11:00pm on Monday.
- LAS-JFK: depart at 3:35pm and arrive at 11:25pm on Wednesday.
*In addition to existing daily roundtrip schedule on this route.