In honor of Veterans Day, Nexion Travel Group has announced that 60 military veterans have graduated from Travel Leaders of Tomorrow in 2019, courtesy of Veterans in Travel, the host agency’s scholarship program. Additionally, 10 veterans are expected to complete Travel Leaders of Tomorrow by the end of 2019, and 50 veterans are currently in the program or scheduled to begin. Veterans in Travel gives military veterans the knowledge and tools to become independent travel advisors through financial and career support as they complete the Travel Leaders of Tomorrow curriculum. As of November 2019, 140 scholarship recipients have gone through the program.
Launched in May 2018, Veterans in Travel is open to veterans of any United States or Canadian military branch. After a rigorous application process, veterans are offered free admission to Travel Leaders of Tomorrow’s Virtual Campus. Travel Leaders of Tomorrow is a virtual campus travel advisor training program. The course of study consists of weekly lessons, faculty and guest lectures and a virtual study hall with a cohort. At the end of the course, each participant is required to present their business plan to their instructors and classmates.
Qualified Veterans in Travel scholarship recipients receive:
- Complete Travel Leaders of Tomorrow program access
- A waived activation fee upon joining Nexion Travel Group as a member
- Two years of free membership for Nexion Travel Group’s Nexion80 plan
- Coaching from Nexion Travel Group’s business coaches
- Mentorship from current Nexion Travel Group members who have served in the military
- Access to Nexion Travel Group’s marketing and education programs