Total tourism and leisure industry deals for December 2019 worth $5.68 billion were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 15.4 percent over the previous month and a drop of 36.7 percent when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.98bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 6.8 percent over the last 12-month average with 109 deals against the average of 117 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $2.55 billion.
Tourism and Leisure Industry Deals in December 2019: Top Deals
The top five tourism and leisure deals accounted for 81.8 percent of the overall value during December 2019, GlobalData said.
The combined value of the top five tourism and leisure deals stood at $4.65 billion, against the overall value of $5.68 pillion recorded for the month.
The top five tourism and leisure industry deals of December 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Cineworld Group’s $2.13 billion acquisition of Cineplex
- The $1.32 billion acquisition of Orbis by AccorInvest
- Bernard Arnault Group’s $874.58 million acquisition of AC Milan
- The $190 million asset transaction with by Xenia Hotels & Resorts
- Twenty14 Holdings’ asset transaction with Galliard Homes for $144.49 million