Azamara Club Cruises has announced its 2018-19 sailings for the brand's newest addition, Azamara Pursuit.
Azamara Pursuit will increase the brand's destination offerings by 40 percent and will add 61 more destinations, Azamara said. Guests will also stay longer with 48 late nights and 26 overnights. The new ship will also bring 15 maiden calls:
- Agadir, Morocco
- Monemvasia, Greece
- Antofagasta, Chile
- Pisco (San Martin), Peru
- Chilean Fjords
- Salaverry (Trujillo), Peru
- Cruising Beagle Channel
- Samos, Greece
- Fowey, United Kingdom
- San Antonio, Chile
- Laguna San Rafael, Chile
- Seyðisfjörður, Iceland
- Lima (Callao), Peru
- Spetses, Greece
- Maceió, Brazil
South America Featured Experiences
Travelers sailing through South America will dock in destinations such as Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro, while also traversing through scenic channels such as the Fjords of Chile and Ushuaia, Argentina, the furthest south deep-water port. Guests can also expect holiday stops in Rio de Janeiro for New Year's Eve 2018 and for Carnaval in 2019. Notable experiences include:
- Stargazing in Atacama Desert (Antofagasta, Chile): In the Atacama, the world's driest desert, this three-day/two-night stargazing experience offers views of millions of tiny diamonds against a black sky. The Atacama is considered one of the best locations on earth to appreciate the Milky Way's brilliant collection of stars. Azamara will take guests via chartered plane from Antofagasta to San Pedro de Atacama for a two-night stay at the Tierra Atacama (or similar), with visits to Moon Valley, Quitor Fortress, Toconao Village and Chaxa Lagoon. Guests will then fly from Calama to La Serena via Santiago (on commercial air).
- Casa de Aliaga (Lima, Peru): Guests will dine in the oldest inhabited house in all of the Americas. This manor was built in 1536 during the Spanish conquest expedition of Peru. A 17th generation family member and host will share this rich history of her family's manor and the experiences of living there since she was seven.
- A Culinary Experience in Bohemian Barranco (Lima, Peru): As one of the world's top culinary destinations, guests will join a local foodie in Bohemian Barranco for a truly local experience. Guests will walk through a typical Peruvian market, experience inspiring flavors and even prepare their own trademark Peruvian dishes like ceviche, while sipping Pisco Sours.
- Yoga in the Paracas Desert (Pisco, Peru): While sailing on Azamara's South American itineraries through its Cruise Global, Connect Local experience, travelers are in touch with nature and oneself as they take part in open-air yoga classes at Atenas Beach in the Paracas National Reserve.
Europe Featured Experiences
In Europe, Azamara will add additional ports that bigger ships can not visit, including:
- Inside the Volcano (Reykjavik, Iceland): Guests will take an elevator into the magma chamber of a dormant volcano, Thrihnukagigur - once filled with hot lava. The Three Peaks Crater erupted 4,000 years ago and is truly a unique natural phenomenon.
- Cruise Global Stay Local – (Akureyri, Iceland to Seydisfjordur, Iceland): In a 2-days / 1-night excursion, guests can enjoy spectacular views of the Godafoss waterfall (the "Waterfall of the Gods"), as well as see the natural wonders of Lake Mývatn, including Skútustaðir craters, Dimmuborgir lava labyrinth and Námaskarð thermal field before ending the day in total relaxation at Mývatn Nature Baths health spa. On day two, guests will also travel alongside Jökulsárgljúfur Glacial canyon to Seyðisfjörður, to see the most powerful waterfalls in Europe. Passing Húsavík village, they'll visit Hljóðaklettar and their echoing cliffs known for basalt columns. The last stop on this one-night excursion will be at Dettifoss waterfall, the biggest waterfall in Iceland and believed to be the most powerful waterfall in Europe.
- Greece Day Tour (Nauplion, Greece): Guests will visit the Monastery of St. John (Prodromos), built on the side of a rock face around 1167. They'll enjoy a spectacular Greek lunch at a wealthy Arcadian mansion of the 1840's, where guests will meet with the hotel owners, followed by a complimentary AzAmazing Evening in Rhodes, Greece, where they'll spend the evening at Tafros Theater seeing an exclusive performance of the ancient Greek drama, Antigone by Sophocles (in English).
Azamara Pursuit is comparable in size to the Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest, allowing guests access to ports that larger ships are unable to reach, Azamara said. Together, the three ships will now offer guests the opportunity to visit seven continents and 217 ports from August 28, 2018 to April 5, 2019.