Princess Cruises has announced details for two of its 2019 cruise programs: Canada & New England, and Japan.
The 2019 Canada & New England program features the Regal Princess and Caribbean Princess, and includes three ships with 16 departures, visiting 16 destinations on seven unique itineraries with three late night ports and two overnight ports with access to four UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Highlights of the 2019 Canada and New England Cruises include:
- New 16-day Greenland & Canada voyage round-trip from New York on Caribbean Princess, visiting three ports in Greenland and three ports in Canada
- Seven-day Canada & New England voyages departing on Saturdays from New York on Regal Princess
- More departures than ever of the 10-day Classic Canada & New England voyages, including one in August, out of Quebec and New York on Caribbean Princess, with overnight stays in Quebec and scenic cruising on the St. Lawrence River on every voyage
- Late-night stay in Boston and Saguenay on every Quebec to New York 10-day Classic Canada & New England on Caribbean Princess
- 13-day Canada & Colonial America voyages departing both in summer and fall between Quebec and Ft. Lauderdale on Caribbean Princess, with overnight stays in Quebec
- Five-day Canadian Atlantic Provinces Getaway out of New York on Regal Princess
- Access to the following UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Historic District of Old Quebec, Old Town Lunenburg, Landscape of Grand Pré, and the Statue of Liberty
- NEW 24-day Canada & New England voyage round-trip from London (Southampton) on Sapphire Princess, with an overnight stay in New York and a maiden call to Rockland, Maine
The cruise line also unveiled its 2019 Japan cruise program that puts guests aboard the Japanese-built Diamond Princess on round-trip sailings from Tokyo (Yokohama) and Kobe.
The March-November 2019 season offers 60 departures on 40 unique itineraries, visiting 41 destinations in seven countries. Offerings include access to 11 UNESCO World Heritage sites and nine late night port calls.
2019 Japan highlights include:
- Maiden port calls on Diamond Princess to Gamagori, Himeji, Matsuyama, Niigata, Miyako and Takamatsu
- Nine departures during the popular Spring Flowers season, visiting many top cherry blossom and spring flowers sites throughout all of Japan
- Seven departures providing access to some of the most popular summer festivals in Japan including the Aomori Nebuta Festival, Kochi Yosakoi Dance Festival and Akita Kanto Festival
- Three voyages include viewing of the Kumano Grand Fireworks Festival visible from the decks of the Diamond Princess, a display of over 10,000 fireworks
- Five voyages with late night stays in Aomori during the Aomori Nebuta Festival, which features Nebuta float figures, traditional music, and many vibrant dancers, easily accessible on foot from the port
- Three voyages providing access to the Akita Kanto Festival, Kochi Yosakoi Dance Festival and Tokushima Awa Dance Festival featuring late night stays in each city
- Two voyages visiting Japan's northern island of Hokkaido during the fall foliage season in October
For more information, visit www.princess.com.