Celebrity Cruises’ ship, Celebrity Xpedition, has emerged from a seven-day makeover in Panama, surrounding guests in upgraded comforts as they explore the Galapagos Islands. It’s another step in “The Celebrity Revolution”, which includes the introduction of two ships – Celebrity Edge and Celebrity Flora – and the $500 million modernization of the rest of the brand’s fleet.
When the Celebrity Xpedition makes its return to service on Sunday, September 23, 2018, the ship will debut enhancements across the 100-guest mega-yacht, from redecorated staterooms, lounges, and restaurants to upgraded Wi-Fi so that guests can stay connected.
As part of its modernization, Celebrity Xpedition will receive changes from bow to stern:
- Suites and staterooms will be refreshed, adding new carpeting and balcony upgrades.
- All suite and stateroom doors will be outfitted with RFID lock technology that is designed to make it easier for guests to access their rooms.
- An upgrade to the shipboard IT systems, including the addition of an O3B satellite will improve the speed and reliability of the ship’s full-coverage Wi-Fi.
- The Beagle Grill will be outfitted with new furniture and lighting as well as new culinary equipment to deliver the menus crafted by Celebrity’s Michelin-starred chef.
- In The Discovery Lounge, guests will find a new video wall, upgraded finishes, and updated textiles, as well as a new dedicated DJ station.
- The Darwin Dining Room will receive similar design enhancements with new lighting, carpet and millwork.
- Water filtration system on every deck.
- Crew area enhancements including new mattresses with Celebrity’s eXhaleTM bedding, carpets, and Dayroom TV.
In June 2019, Celebrity Xpedition will debut enhanced suites, services, and amenities coinciding with the arrival of the new Celebrity Flora. Suite guests will be geared up with marine binoculars to use on their cruise, as well as premium backpacks and rain ponchos that they can take back home with them. When unwinding in their suites on board, guests will enjoy stateroom attendants who can help with packing and unpacking, full in-suite dinner service, upgraded premium bathrobes, Kuno bath products from Ecuador, and more.
Celebrity offers all-inclusive vacation packages to the Galapagos Islands ranging from seven to 16 nights, each showcasing a seven-night cruise and seven certified naturalists on board.
For more information, visit www.celebritycruises.com.