Cruise Planners recently hosted their 2019 Luxury and River Cruise Forum at Secrets the Vine in Cancún, Mexico.
150 Cruise Planners travel advisors and 50 suppliers attended the event. This included high-level executives from Azamara Club Cruises, Ponant Yacht Cruises and Expeditions, Viking Cruises and Silversea Cruises.
More expensive vacations lead to greater commissions, of course. Travel advisors looking to improve their performance in the luxury sector went to The Luxury and River Cruise Forum to understand best practices when it comes to boosting travel sales, and how to attract, service and retain luxury clients.
Hosted by Cruise Planners Executives
At Cruise Planners training events, Cruise Planners advisors can hear from experts in the field including:
- Michelle Fee, CEO and founder, led the Luxury Agent Panel, River Cruise Panel, and a session utilizing Cruise Planners’ American Express Luxury Resources
- Theresa Scalzitti, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, led the discussions with Luxury Cruise Partners, Expedition Panel, South Pacific Panel and sessions on how to use CP Tools and Cruise Planners’ American Express Luxury Resources
- Scott Koepf, Vice President of Strategic Planning, led the Luxury Land Panel, Luxury FITs, Luxury Resorts, and sessions on how to use CP Tools and providing Luxury Customer Service
Insights From Travel Executives
Executives from leading travel partners showed what made their offerings unique. Travel partners also met with Cruise Planners travel advisors in one-on-one networking meetings and discussed practical ideas. Keynote speakers at the event included:
- Larry Pimentel, President and CEO of Azamara Club Cruises
- Mark Conroy, Managing Director of the Americas, Silversea Cruises
- Michele Saegesser, Vice President of Sales and National Accounts, Viking Cruises
- Edie Rodriguez, Brand Chairman and Corporate Special Advisor, Ponant Cruises Americas
In other Cruise Planners news, the company has promoted Teresa Scalzitti to senior vice president of sales and marketing. She is known as the “cruising queen.” She joined Cruise Planners after more than two decades with Royal Caribbean International.
For more information, visit https://www.cruiseplanners.com/