Crystal River Cruises has announced details of its new collection of destination experiences for voyages along Europe’s Danube, Rhine and Main rivers. Debuting in 2018, the newly added offerings focus on are tailored to travelers’ individual interests, featuring smaller group sizes and unique activities.
Nearly 200 excursions are included, with additional ventures also available at a cost. The shore-side excursions comprise of five types of experiences including:
- “Personal Connections” – Guests looking to explore the culture of a destination can take tours hosted by local residents, artisans and experts
- “Tantalizing Gastronomy” – Guests can experience the signature culinary styles and specialties of the destination with a variety of dining and hands-on cooking opportunities
- “Cultural Discoveries” – Travelers will get insight from expert guides into historical landmarks, museums, iconic locations and architectural sites
- “Exhilarating Adventures” – Active cruise travelers can take part in a selection of activities that combine historical and cultural experiences
- “Design Your Time” – For a more personalized vacation, guests can choose this option, which includes a concierge service that designs unique private tours as well as a menu of customized choices.
With many destinations offering more than a dozen choices for shore-side discovery, some of the new experiences featured on voyages in Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Switzerland, Slovenia, Belgium, Netherlands, Hungary, Croatia and Serbia include:
- Culinary experience in Rotterdam
- String & opera performance in a historic Antwerp cathedral
- A full day exploring Salzburg from Linz
- Horse show & carriage ride at Lázár Equestrian Park
- An owner-hosted tasting at Schlagkamp Winery in Cochem
- Cycle to Veitshochheim Castle and its Rococo Garden in Wurzburg
- Behind-the-scenes tour of Amsterdam’s greenhouses, where the famous tulips are cultivated
Each river itinerary will also feature inclusive Signature Events – special events that offer rare access and musical performances in iconic landmarks including Vienna’s Belvedere Palace, Linz’s St. Florian Monastery, and Rüdesheim’s Monastery Eberbach.
The selection of destination experiences will be offered on the Crystal Mozart, Crystal Bach, Crystal Mahler, Crystal Debussy and Crystal Ravel.
For more information, visit www.crystalcruises.com.