U by Uniworld, The Travel Corporation’s new Millennial-focused river cruise brand, will be featured on tonight’s airing of The Bachelor. Ahead of the event, U by Uniworld President and CEO Ellen Bettridge has offered a number of tips on how travel agents can make the most of the event:
- Educate Yourself – “With a small preview experience last fall and the official launch slated for spring 2018, it is safe to say that many agents have not yet had the opportunity to travel with U by Uniworld. And while nothing replaces the real thing, a tour of U’s The B ship as it sails along the Seine in primetime is a great start. Think of The Bachelor episode as the ultimate webinar, a way to have a better understanding of the ship, its layout, design, and the amazing things possible while in destination so that you can be the expert on the experience.”
- Host a Tune-in Event – “A bottle of rosé, a television or streaming device, roses for decoration and you’ve got the perfect Bachelor event. Think about meeting new clients by hosting a live tune-in party next Monday, February 5 at 8pm EST at your office or a local café. The invite alone will serve as a reminder that you’re an expert on the soon-to-be-launched U by Uniworld experience. Over two hours, you’ll have an opportunity to engage with potential customers in a non-sales setting because after all, understanding and really knowing your clients is the advantage only you have in the marketplace.”
- Build Content – “Content, content, content. I’m sure you’re tired of hearing the word, but studies show useable content (i.e. information people want) is more impactful than traditional sales materials for the Millennial market. Follow our channels over the next week and feel free to repost content about the episode while tagging @UbyUniworld.”
- Engage Your Audience – “Few shows have a fanbase as loyal as The Bachelor, especially within the key target demo of 21-45 year olds; use this to your advantage! During the episode utilize #TheBachelor and #TravelForU to follow along and share your thoughts about the episode. And after the episode airs, search the hashtags to engage the audience and potentially build new leads.”
- Leverage for the Close – “Stay tuned after the episode airs as we’ll be launching a travel package that mirrors some of the experiences seen on The Bachelor. Just in time for Valentine’s Day and the official launch of U, the brand’s association with The Bachelor immediately creates national awareness, while linking the product to a pop culture phenomenon. Don’t be afraid to name drop!”
The episode will feature U by Uniworld’s ship, The B, as the home for the remaining women while in France as they continue their journey to find love with the newest Bachelor, Arie Luyendyk Jr. Marking the first time a cruise has ever been featured on the show, this episode of The Bachelor, currently celebrating its 22nd season, is scheduled to air Monday, February 5th, 2018, at 8/7c, on ABC. Viewers can follow along and join in on the conversation on U’s social channels, @UbyUniworld, during the episode via #TravelforU and #TheBachelor.