MSC Cruises has announced that the MSC Lirica will sail a new itinerary in the east Mediterranean for the summer 2018 season.
The ship will depart for its first sailing on April 6, 2018, and will offer embarkation in either Venice or Bari, Italy and call at some of the most popular and scenic destinations in the eastern Mediterranean. These include:
- Mykonos, Greece: Guests can enjoy a full day visit to the Greek island known for its lively streets, renowned restaurants, and beautiful beaches.
- Heraklion/Crete, Greece: Travelers will get to see the Heraklion fortress, which marks the gateway to Greece’s largest island, Crete, filled with clean-sand beaches and beautiful white mountain backdrop. According to Greek mythology, this striking location was the birthplace of Zeus.
- Corfu, Greece: Cruisers can take an extended stay at Corfu and discover its Venetian, French, and British style influences before heading to the coastline to enjoy the crystal-clear seas.
- Dubrovnik, Croatia: For a view into the past, guests can explore the historic sites of this 16th century town. Then, travelers can take a cable-car ride up the Srđ mountain to see the city from above.
- Bari, Italy: Visitors can see the port town of Bari on the side of the Adriatic Sea that offers a rich history and cays within walking distance.
With the new 2018 itineraries, MSC Cruises has made a concerted effort to give guests more time to explore these destinations with extended visits and full-day excursions. The MSC Lirica will sail these seven-day trips from April 6 to Oct. 26, 2018.
For more information, visit www.msccruises.com.