Beginning this summer, Princess Cruises is adding a new “Rhythm of the Caribbean” cultural experience to its Caribbean cruises. The experience will include local cuisine, signature cocktails, entertainment, enrichment and regional experiences.
Guests can also take advantage of insider tips on must-do excursions at each port, dance beneath the stars to Caribbean rhythms and immerse themselves in cultural activities – from concerts to crafts, to presentations from local experts like shark and treasure hunters.
“Rhythm of the Caribbean” launches aboard Caribbean Princess this May and is scheduled to roll out to additional ships for the upcoming fall/winter Caribbean season. Offerings include:
- Caribbean Festival – Presented in association with Princess Cruises' “Festivals of the World,” the spirit of the Caribbean comes to life with themed parties, activities and musical performances.
- Authentic Island Cuisine - Guests can enjoy dishes like Jamaican jerk chicken, red snapper, creole black mussels, Puerto Rican mofongo, pineapple crème brulée and more.
- Colorful Caribbean Cocktails - From rum punch to tropical coolers, coladas, mojitos and more, Princess Cruises is planning to combine the history of the region with locally inspired ingredients. Guests can also check out a regional rum tasting.
- Party Like a Local - This party hosted poolside on the top deck includes live music, performers and cocktails. Guests can also spend a night dancing under the stars at the Terrace Pool Gold Party, which is inspired by the tales of treasure-laden pirate ships and sunken gold.
- Parrots in the Piazza - Guests can meet local parrots and macaws up close and personal in the ship’s Atrium while learning facts about their habits and habitat.
- Indoor Planetarium Experience - Princess Cruises and Discovery at SEA invite guests to view constellations, the moon, planets and galaxies from the Caribbean night sky.
- Stories from Deep Sea Explorers - Guests can meet real life treasure and shipwreck hunters onboard as they share first-hand tales of their adventures exploring the Caribbean by boat, investigating legends of lost treasure and recovery operations. There will also be a chance to gain a greater understanding about the lives of sharks from a real-life shark diver, Martin Graff (on select voyages).
- Pirate-Themed Activities - Young guests will enjoy some swashbucklin' fun as they learn how to talk like a pirate, dress like a pirate, and even dance like a pirate during a themed party for the whole family.
Princess sails year-round to the Caribbean, with a variety of cruises roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale.