Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has rolled out a new set of features for its travel agent reservation system, Espresso. The new features are:
- Connecting Staterooms Search – Travel agents can quickly identify stateroom categories that are a good fit for families
- Downloadable Guest Documentation – Now travelers’ eDocs, including luggage tags, can be access, downloaded and sent to guests within minutes
- Back-to-back Bookings – To help manage multiple reservations, travel agents can now make payments, manage invoices, arrange dining and more.
- Reinstate and Reschedule Groups – Travel agents can now reinstate groups and individual bookings within a group, or change ships and departure dates for group reservations, online
- Group Value Adds – Travel agents can now view and allocate payments to a group reservation’s value add online, allowing them to easily arrange optional services and amenities for the group
Espresso, which was launched two years ago in March, allows agents to book on Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises. Since the system’s official launch Royal Caribbean has gradually been adding new features to it over time. Its most popular feature was a new singe-view function that allowed agents to compare individual and group pricing and availability side by side.
Last year the cruise company rolled out a number of new features for Espresso as part of its second phase, including headquarter groups; simplified groups management; group amenity points redemption; streamlined groups payments; expanded groups reporting; and enhanced stateroom availability search.
Royal Caribbean said that further features are set to debut later this year.