Silversea Expeditions’ Silver Explorer will sail the line’s first-ever Pacific coast explorations as part of the ship’s lineup of 2018 Americas voyages, the expedition cruise line has announced.
Silver Explorer’s 2018 collection will sail from Ushuaia up the Pacific coastline to Vancouver. Here are the highlights:
- Ushuaia to Valparaiso, 14 Days, February 25 - March 11 (Voyage 7804) - On this journey from the "End of the World" to the "Jewel of the Pacific," there are a number of landscapes to see: from the steep streets and jumbled buildings of Ushuaia to Patagonia's lakes, glaciers, mountains and fjords. The wooden churches of Chiloé will appeal to history buffs while nature lovers can take in the wildlife, both at sea and in the Torres del Paine National Park.
- Valparaiso to Callao (Lima), 10 Days, March 11 - 21 (Voyage 7805) - There is a complimentary excursion to see the Nazca Lines from the air, plus local boat excursions to the Ballestas Islands to spot cormorants, blue-footed boobies, terns, pelicans and Humboldt penguins. Travelers can also take in an optional overnight overland experience to the Atacama Desert.
- Callao (Lima) to Fuerte Amador (Panama City), 14 Days, March 21 - April 4 (Voyage 7806) - Four new destinations are waiting to be explored on this new voyage: Puerto Quepos, known for the varied fauna, 109 mammal and 184 bird species in its Manuel Antonio National Park; Golfo Dulce in Costa Rica; Isla de Coiba, Panama's prison turned paradise island; and Panama City. Additionally, guests can go on a river adventure through Panama's Darién Jungle to explore one of the world's most diverse ecosystems.
- Fuerte Amador (Panama City) to Puerto Quetzal, 12 Days, April 4 - 16 (Voyage 7807) - This journey along the Pacific coast of Central America explores jungles full of exotic plants, rare wildlife, indigenous people rarely seen by the outside world, as well as the colonial architecture of Nicaragua and the coasts of El Salvador.
- Mazatlán to San Diego, 11 Days, April 21- May 2 (Voyage 7808) - The Sea of Cortez is home to UNESCO protected biospheres with a wealth of marine mammals, including whales, dolphins and sea lions. The narrow sea is fringed by remote islands, massive canyons and deep arroyos where travelers can find endemic iguanas, songbirds and jackrabbits surviving on a diversity of cacti and succulents growing on rugged rocky coasts that are rich with seabirds, including the blue-footed booby. An overnight excursion includes a journey by train to Copper Canyon.
- San Diego to Vancouver, 11 Days, May 2 - 13 (Voyage 7809) – This Americana-focused voyage visits Monterey and its famous aquarium, Big Sur’s inspirational coastline and San Francisco. Travelers can also explore national parks and hike along Mount St. Helens and Mount Rainier, as well as small towns in the Pacific Northwest.
- Vancouver to San Francisco, 9 Days, May 13 - 22 (Voyage 7810) – Visiting the redwoods of Eureka and the wooded hillsides of Astoria, this West Coast voyage adds two new destinations: Anacortes and Cypress Island, which offer exceptional whale watching opportunities. Olympia and Mount Rainer round out the voyage.
Silver Explorer offers guests ocean-view suites, gourmet cuisine, the personalized service of a butler, and a selection of all-inclusive shipboard amenities, including complimentary beverages, wines and spirits served throughout the ship, stocked in-suite beverage cabinet, and at least one hour of free Wi-Fi per guest every day.