Silversea is expanding its local entertainment offering by 112 performances onboard for travelers seeking cultural experiences. Through the cruise line's regional entertainment programming, performers will showcase the history, traditions and spirit of the people and places visited on each voyage. From Caribbean steel drummers to Cambodian Aspara dancers, Spanish flamenco artists and Italian musical ensembles, guests can enjoy many performances from local dancers, musicians and vocalists. Performances will be available aboard Silver Muse, Silver Wind, Silver Whisper, Silver Shadow, Silver Spirit and Silver Cloud, in addition to Silversea’s customary entertainment program.
Silversea’s guests can enjoy the following local entertainment offerings in 2019:
J4 Quartet in New York, USA: The J4 Quartet members—Khari Joyner, Jeremy Kienbaum, Hikaru Yonezaki and Julia Glenn—will perform nearly every stylistic period, including baroque, classical, romantic and contemporary.
- Montreal to Charleston (South Carolina): Guests traveling aboard Silver Wind between Montreal and Charleston, SC can enjoy a performance from the J4 Quartet in New York. Departing October 29, 2019, the 12-day voyage will call in Quebec City, Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island), Sydney (Nova Scotia), Halifax, Bar Harbor (Maine), Boston, Cape Cod, and New York, before reaching Charleston.
Ensemble Bacchelli in Livorno, Italy: Ensemble Bacchelli, a musical and cultural association whose performances have appeared on Italian television, performs a repertoire of genres, from baroque to classical, from lyric opera to operetta, from the 19th-century Viennese tradition to popular music and movie soundtracks.
- Rome (Civitavecchia) to Monte Carlo: Ensemble Bacchelli will perform in Livorno for guests of the Venetian Society sailing between Rome (Civitavecchia) and Monte Carlo, departing September 29, 2019. On the nine-day voyage, Silver Spirit will call in Sorrento, Amalfi, Palermo (Sicily), Alghero (Sardinia), Livorno (Tuscany) and Portofino, before arriving in Monte Carlo.
Monaco Brass in Monte Carlo, Monaco: Monaco Brass, a 12-piece brass and percussion ensemble, hails from the Monte Carlo Philharmonic Orchestra, Monaco's premier orchestra. The ensemble gives concerts every year in a variety of festivals and halls with a selection ranging from the Renaissance to the 20th century, including jazz and film music.
- Barcelona to Athens (Piraeus): In Monte Carlo on July 20, 2019, Monaco Brass will perform for guests traveling aboard Silver Whisper. Departing July 18, 2019, this 12-day sailing between Barcelona and Athens (Piraeus) will call in Marseille, Monte Carlo, Cinqueterre (Portovenere), Sorrento, Siracusa, Valletta, Hydra (Pahang) and Santorini, before reaching Athens on July 30, 2019.
Authentic Flamenco in Palma de Mallorca and Seville, Spain: Authentic Flamenco is a group of performers who have performed during the Flamenco Biennial of Seville. This tradition of song, dance and music is also showcased by other gifted artists in other ports in Spain, such as pianist Sergio Monroy in Cádiz and Raza Flamenco in Barcelona. Portugal's UNESCO-listed Fado singing genre is paired with flamenco for a show during calls in Lisbon.
- Barcelona to Lisbon: This nine-day voyage between Barcelona and Lisbon will include a performance from Authentic Flamenco in Palma de Mallorca on August 12, 2019. After departing Barcelona on August 10, 2019, Silver Shadow will call in Palma de Mallorca, Valencia, Malaga (Costa Del Sol), Cádiz and Portimão, ahead of arriving in Lisbon.
Alaska String Band in Juneau, Alaska: This family of troubadours, which has been featured on U.S. public television, showcases Americana with a collection of instruments, ranging from acoustic guitar to fiddle, mandolin and banjo. Featured genres include swing, jazz, rock, pop, folk and bluegrass.
- Vancouver to Seward (Anchorage, Alaska): The Alaska String Band will perform for Silversea’s guests in Juneau on August 11, 2019. This seven-day voyage aboard Silver Muse—departing August 8, 2019—between Vancouver and Seward (Anchorage) will journey through the Inside Passage, before calling in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Sitka and the Hubbard Glacier.
In addition to Silversea’s enhanced range of local performances, the cruise line recently bolstered its onboard entertainment offering with upgrades to its in-suite television programming.
This article originally appeared on www.luxurytraveladvisor.com.