Looking for a customizable adventure program in Costa Rica? Western River Expeditions now offers a nine-day tropical vacation for parties of two to 25 that can be customized by lengthening or shortening the trip and by adding or deleting activities.
The itinerary is offered year round and starts at $3,395 per person with guides, in-country transportation, activities, lodging, equipment, and many meals included.
The core itinerary includes:
- Two half-day rafting trips on Class II-IV whitewater on the Pacuare River. Guests will stop along the way to visit lush pools and waterfalls.
- Zip lining over a tropical rainforest before walking across 15 suspension bridges part of a guided two-mile walk between the treetops in a private nature reserve, surrounded by monkeys, iguanas, sloths and exotic birds. Also nearby is the smoking Arenal Volcano. Then a stop for a soak in the waterfalls and thermal pools at Tabacón Spa and Resort.
- A 2.5 mile guided walk of Manuel Antonio National Park where the endangered Mono Titi (squirrel monkey) lives.
- Relaxing at Playa Manuel Antonio located between the rainforest and calm waters, and to nearby Playa Espadilla, a long beach lined with coconut palms and Indian almond trees
- Guests stay at one of four properties: Hotel Grano de Oro, the Pacuare Lodge, Tabacón Grand Spa, and Tulemar Bungalows.
Travelers can shorten the set itinerary by omitting Arenal or Manuel Antonio or by shortening a stay in either location.
For visitors who want to stay a little longer, optional adventures can be added such as sport fishing or surf lessons in Manuel Antonio, a trip to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve to look for the Resplendent Quetzal and other exotic birds, or an excursion to the Caribbean-side of the country to experience Tortuguero National Park.