Xavage, a new adventure park, is opening this winter in Cancun. The park will be operated by Grupo Experiencias Xcaret, which has invested over 50 million dollars into the project.
Experiencias Xcaret says the park is the first of its kind in Cancun, and that it will incorporate more than five activities with varying levels of difficulty. The activities are named after animals. They include:
- Barracuda—a whitewater rapid adventure
- Puma—drive a rock crawler on an all-terrain route
- Dragonfly—board a jet board that moves through narrow pathways
- Hawk—the flight of the falcon with a notable takeoff
- Howler Monkey—a rope course
- Crocodile—a kayak adventure
- Serpent: Tough Cubs—a place where 5 to 12-year-olds can do several activities including slides, bridges, various water jets and a wading pool
Xavage will be able to receive more than 2,500 tourists daily, operating from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The park is the seventh addition to the group's portfolio, which includes Xcaret, Xel-Há, Xplor, Xplor Fuego, Xoximilco and Xenses. The group also operates tours through the Xenotes and Xichén archaeological zones.
The company says Xavage aims to be a park of personal discovery, where the challenge is to overcome inhibitions and discover an inner wild side. It is near the Cancun's international airport. The first phase of creating Xavage started in 2013 with the construction of a few buildings, but the definitive one started in 2017. It was finished after a year of work.