Peninsula Papagayo, a 1,400-acre resort and residential community on the north Pacific coast of Costa Rica, has announced the next phase of its more than $100 million enhancement project that includes new activities, lifestyle amenities and resort updates for the Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica and Andaz Costa Rica Resort.
The new peninsula-wide enhancements that are being introduced through 2018 include:
- Papagayo Explorers Club Programming – Papagayo Explorers Club, the destination’s program of land, ocean, aerial and cultural immersion activities that debuted earlier in 2018, has added new eco-adventures that showcase the nature, culture and spirit of Peninsula Papagayo and the surrounding Guanacaste region. Led by local guides, biologists, naturalists and translators, Papagayo Explorers Club now offers more than 25 adventures. New experiences include a “Cacao Volcano Expedition” that grants access via 4x4 vehicles to a protected crater of an inactive volcano that houses Costa Rica’s lowest-altitude cloud forest and a guided naturalist hike to an active research station on the rim of the crater.
- Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica Enhancements – This luxury resort will debut new and reimagined spaces in November 2018 from the Meyer Davis design firm. A new private concierge lounge will have a moss art wall and interactive screens that showcase activities and explorations at the resort and across Peninsula Papagayo. The re-imagined spa will have a new arrival experience with illuminated lanterns; a new pre-treatment relaxation lounge and post-treatment indoor cabanas; elevated men’s and women’s locker rooms with new steam rooms, private showers and an outdoor terrace with hydrotherapy pools; spa treatment rooms with options including waterfall showers, private sauna and steam rooms, whirlpool tubs and ocean views; a Hammam room for unique Turkish bath experiences; new ayurvedic spa treatments and more. Additional resort enhancements include a new poolside juice bar and a revitalized fitness and wellness center with a new design, state-of-the-art Technogym equipment and enhanced exterior space for ocean-view classes.
- Papagayo Bike-Share Program – Peninsula Papagayo’s new bike-share program launched in August 2018 and includes a fleet of 60 electric-assist bikes that make it easier and more fun to explore the peninsula from end to end. This new peninsula-wide mobility program is in partnership with Bewegen Technologies and offers GPS-enabled pedelec bikes and seven docking stations across the 1,400 acres.
- Peninsula Papagayo Golf Clubhouse Renovation – A newly imagined golf clubhouse and signature restaurant will open in November 2018 following a renovation by international design studio Denton House. The new design will pair rustic and geometric shapes with rich materials including teak, leather and stone.
- Andaz Costa Rica Resort Enhancements – Launching in time for festive season, Andaz Costa Rica Resort will transform a vintage Volkswagen Kombi van into a poolside bar at the resort’s main pool deck. A new Nimbu water taxi will also transport guests to the recently opened Andaz Beach House and offer private boat tours and sunset cocktail cruises for groups, special events and weddings.
- Marina Village Enhancements – A new gourmet market and reimagined Dive Bar will open in November 2018 at the marina village, which overlooks Culebra Bay. The marina village is steps from Marina Papagayo, the destination’s 180-slip superyacht marina.
- Camp Jaguar – This new daily outdoor nature program is tailored for explorers ages 12-16 and encourages self-discovery and confidence, meeting new friends and establishing meaningful connections to nature. Led by trained local experts, Camp Jaguar offers forest adventures, ocean sports excursions, survival training, water safety courses and more. The Camp Jaguar program is available from November to April, as well as in July and August.
Peninsula Papagayo is 25 minutes from Liberia International Airport, which offers more than 100 weekly flights seasonally from major cities in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and across Central America. It is home to 11 miles of coastline, eight miles of bluff edges, seven beaches and a tropical dry forest.