Wild Dunes Resort, a Destination Hotel in Charleston, SC is home to golf courses, tennis, restaurants, children’s programming, Lowcountry adventure activities and art workshops. This season, the resort is partnering with the Gibbes Museum of Art to give families the opportunity to experience an artistic Charleston getaway, coupling a beach vacation with an excursion to the museum and choice of three art workshops celebrating Lowcountry heritage and tradition.
The Gibbes Museum of Art Family Getaway package is based on a minimum two-night stay for two adults and two children and includes:
- Four tickets to the Gibbes Museum of Art (please call if your group is configured differently than two adults and two children)
- $50 Uber gift card for transportation to and from Wild Dunes Resort to the Gibbes Museum of Art
- Special welcome amenity upon arrival
- Choice from three on-site workshops at Wild Dunes Resort:
- Sweetgrass Basket Weaving: Families learn about the prized art-form and time-honored tradition of sweetgrass basket weaving in the Lowcountry and create a beautiful basket to take home
- Indigo Dyeing: Families can celebrate Charleston’s tradition in indigo production and dyeing with a fun hands-on workshop and create a set of napkins or a scarf to take home
- Playing with Fire Ironworking: Led by a local Charleston blacksmith, families can learn the celebrated art form of Lowcountry ironworking and work together to create a commemorative piece to take home.
For more information, visit https://www.destinationhotels.com/wild-dunes.