The secretary of tourism of Mexico (Sectur), Miguel Torruco Marques, announced Wednesday that the 45th edition of the Tianguis Turístico, scheduled to take place in Merida, will be held in March 21-24, 2021. Additionally, the trade show will also be showcased on a new stage with the launch of the first Digital Tianguis Turístico, which will take place in September of this year.
“The renewed Tianguis 360 will be a hybrid multi-event with a digital component and a face-to-face component, which will allow us to face the current needs for efficiency, innovation, reactivation and preservation of the great institution called Tianguis Turístico that represents us," said Michelle Fridman, minister of tourism for the State of Yucatan, in a statement.
Secretary Torruco Marques said that COVID-19 (coronavirus) has impacted all productive sectors of the country, including tourism, a solid engine for development and prosperity. As a result, the ministry of tourism has developed a series of strategies and actions aimed at reactivating the industry. To note, the tourism event will update its format to meet six objectives:
- Protect the health of all Mexicans and participants of Tianguis Turístico
- Promptly reactivate tourism in the country
- Empathize and support an industry that has been financially affected
- Further evolve and innovate Tianguis Turistico, in alignment with the latest trends in the meetings segment
- To be an edition of Tianguis Turístico that is inclusive, a first for the show
- The continuation of an event that belongs to all of us, one that we should preserve as an important institution that represents us all
Further details about Tianguis Turístico will be announced in the coming months, once the critical phase of the health crisis has concluded.
Good to know: The second edition of the Tianguis Turístico de Pueblos Mágicos 2020 will take place in the city of San Luis Potosí from November 26-29. Secretary Torruco Marques added that this meeting seeks to promote the tourism packages of the 121 Magical Towns of the country, consolidating it as an engine to boost domestic tourism and the reactivation of the tourism value chain, especially as it is expected that road trips and visits to nearby places will be the first to be considered travelers.