Travel insurance, the Palm Springs CVB and a number of hotels lead this week’s executive appointments in the travel industry.
This week Generali Global Assistance named Philippe Gervais as its president of travel insurance, reporting to Chris Carnicelli, the company’s CEO. Gervais will be based in the company’s San Diego headquarters, overseeing all of its travel insurance and assistance, identity theft protection and medical risk management business lines. He was most recently CEO of Europ Assistance Belgium.
In meetings and events news, this week the Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) appointed Barbara Quigley as the organization’s new national sales manager in the greater Chicago area and Illinois for convention sales. Quigley, who is based in Chicago, most recently served as the national sales manager for Sonoma County Tourism.
In hotel news, this week The Peninsula Hotels named Mark K. Kobayashi its senior vice president of sales and marketing. He has been with the company since October 2006, when he was a key part of the opening team for the Peninsula Tokyo as that property’s director of public relations.
Finally, a number of hotels made new leadership appointments this week:
- The Willard InterContinental in Washington, D.C. named Luca De Marchis its executive chef and Gyo Santa its chef de cuisine.
- The Duniway Portland named Ryan Kinzer its new general manager.
- The Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo named Ryan Grande its resort manager.
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld named Harold Bassler its new general manager.
- Finally, the Faena Hotel Miami Beach appointed Dilip Mukundan vice president of sales and marketing for the hotel.