Avoya Travel, a leading marketing and travel technology company, has released insights from its 2018 Wave Season Tips and Predictions survey. The top producing Independent Agencies in the Avoya Travel Network have revealed their top tips for travel agents on how to prepare for Wave Season and maximize sales for the year ahead.
Of those surveyed, 95 percent said they have plans to or are already preparing for Wave Season, the travel industry’s busiest sales period of the year, from January through March. More than 85 percent of survey responses pointed to organization and planning, reinforcing customer relationships, and professional development as the top three ways Avoya’s independent agencies are preparing for Wave season.
The survey also revealed other tips and best practices, including:
- Set a Goal: Beth Leonardt of Vacations by Beth LLC said, “Knowing what drives you and setting a goal are necessary for Wave. For me, it’s providing for my kids, and my family reaps the rewards when I put in the long hours to reach my goal.”
- Get Organized With the Right Systems: “Shared best practices in the Avoya Mastermind Program have helped me get the systems in place, including effective automated scripts and calendar follow-ups to keep me organized when I am claiming and working so many Live Leads,” said Bobbi Wagner, Destined to Travel, LLC.
- Keep Scripts Updated: Sue Peterson, Peterson Global Travel, Inc. said having updated scripts in place is vital for time-management and makes it easy to stay in touch with customers.
- Use an Automated Calendar: “Wave is busy and to handle increases in customer Live Leads, I manage my calendar with reminders and automate scripted follow-ups in Avoya’s Agent Power to keep me organized,” said Phyllis Murray, Phyllis Murray Travel Ltd.
- Reach Out Often: Carol Howell of Bloom and Howell LLC expressed the importance of staying in the mind of the customers by updating client lists, reaching out by phone, sending scripted notes and holiday cards, and sharing new promotions they might be interested in.
- Brush Up on Professional Development and Supplier Education: “You’ll earn bookings when you’re an expert in your product specialties, the latest itineraries, policies, and developments from suppliers,” said Lydia Santiago of Luxury Bound Travel LLC.
- Know the Promotions: Experience Results Inc. owner Christine Schwartz explained that a full understanding of available promotions and exclusives can give you a competitive advantage over other agencies.
- Prepare to Work Long Hours: “Clearing personal calendars and getting small tasks done before January help me be available for more clients,” said Sheri Mruz, Directions Luxury Travel LLC.
Avoya Travel is an award-winning network of independently owned and operated travel agencies all over the world. For more information, visit www.AvoyaTravel.com.