Generali Global Assistance’s Travel Insurance division, formerly CSA Travel Protection, has announced a new Ski & Mountain Travel Insurance offering for the growing mountain resort segment of the vacation rental market. The new plan is available during all seasons for mountain resort areas and is available immediately to property managers to offer their clients for the 2017-2018 ski season.
With the vacation rental market expected to be worth $36.6 billion by the end of 2018, Generali said it sees tremendous opportunities in enhancing its vacation rental coverages and features. The Ski & Mountain Travel Insurance product was curated to provide added coverages for the growing number of activity oriented travelers that target the mountain regions in both winter and summer.
“As the shared economy and home rentals continue to grow, we see significant opportunities in this area and look forward to raising our market presence with tailored products and services,” said Chris Carnicelli, CEO of Generali Global Assistance North America, in a written release.
The new Ski & Mountain Travel Insurance product includes Generali Global Assistance’s vacation rental coverages and features that help protect against events that can interrupt or completely halt vacations, such as unforeseen snow storms that delay flights, medical emergencies, and lost luggage.
The Ski & Mountain Travel Insurance product also includes some additional benefits:
- Coverage for lack of snow at eligible resorts (certain restrictions apply)
- Specific coverage for sporting equipment loss, theft, damage or delay
- Extended coverage for adverse weather and natural disasters
- Expanded coverage for destination accommodations being inaccessible or uninhabitable
- A wide range of emergency medical and concierge travel assistance services.