The annual Executive Forum hosted by Travel Leaders Group took place at Swissôtel Chicago May 16-17, hosting over 100 travel industry leaders. The invitation-only conference focused on the latest business travel-related technologies and trends, the future of the mobile traveler, Millennials and their impact on today’s “instant access” travel accommodation demands, as well as AI, data collection, and challenges impacting business travel.
The keynote speaker was USA Today Reporter Ben Mutzabaugh who covers the airline industry and has been editor of the “Today in the Sky” blog since 2002. Mutzabaugh discussed that while technology in today’s travel marketplace continues to play an ever-increasing role, the importance of flawless customer service and relationship-building and trust must never be forgotten.
Featured speakers included:
- Sonia Anderson, Key Account Manager and Partner Operations, Airbnb for Work
- Antonietta Dankel, Corporate Sales, The Americas, Radisson Hotels
- Norman Leslie, President & CEO, NHS Hotels
- Antoine Cuvelier, Wizme
- Rebecca Gordon, Vice President of Customer Success, Rocketrip
- Noreen Henry, CEO, WayBlazer
- Bill Hogate, VP Business Development, LUMO
- David Grace, Vice President, Global Sales, Enterprise Holdings
- Matt McGrath, Vice President Corporate Sales, Carey International
- Jaydon Robinson, Regional Vice President, Lyft Business
In addition, on May 15, a combination of both staff and Associates gathered to take part in a team-building and charitable giving event: bike building. More than 16 bikes were built and then donated to SOS Children’s Villages Illinois. SOS Children’s Villages provides care for Illinois’ most vulnerable children and families and has been around for more than 25 years. Some of the members and staff also had the opportunity to tour some of the foster homes and learn more about the program. Aside from the tour and bike building, more than $6,000 was raised during a silent auction, which will be donated to SOS.
This year’s Executive Forum sponsors included: Delta Air Lines, Lufthansa Group, Travelport, United Airlines, AccorHotels, Carey International, Enterprise Holdings, Inc., Travel Leaders 24, and Roadtrips.
For more, visit www.travelleadersgroup.com.