Travel Impressions (TI) reports it featured the seventh webinar in its Social U by Travel Impressions series with approximately 800 registrants for its presentation on Thursday, October 10. Travel Impressions reports the Social U series has received approximately 5,300 agent views.
The free webinar, “How to Drive Business Using Pinterest, Plus the Latest on Facebook and Google+,” introduced dozens of best practices agents can use to grow their business as well as tools for expanding one’s reach on Pinterest and Facebook – all designed to increase the impact of agents’ marketing through social media efforts, TI notes.
“In travel, a picture is worth a thousand words and with Pinterest’s emphasis on enticing photography, the social networking platform is ideal for travel promotion,” said Katie Gorga, senior manager of Social Media for Travel Impressions and host of the Social U series. “With this installment of Social U we were able to increase agents’ confidence on Pinterest and other popular social networking platforms with basic how-to tips such as verifying your URL and adding the Pinterest Follow button to your website as well as more advanced tools agents can use to generate incremental business.”
“Participants received must-know tips for engaging their customers by using attention-grabbing visuals that evoke an emotional response,” said Gorga, adding: “The right picture can help agents learn to stand out in the social media ‘crowd,’ especially because Pinterest is largely untapped by travel agents.”
As the webinar’s sponsor, RIU Hotels & Resorts is offering a $25 booking bonus for qualifying bookings of five nights or more made through Travel Impressions from October 10 – November 10, 2013, for travel through December 31, 2014.
Those who have not yet had the opportunity to participate can still watch the videos on-demand. Past webinars currently available via www.facebook.com/TravelImpressions include:
· It’s All About Your Image: 36 Tips to Leveraging Visual Storytelling on Social Media to Boost Your Business
· Social Works! How To Get More Leads, Close The Sale And The 6 Key Metrics You Must Be Measuring...Plus, The Latest On Facebook's Graph Search
· Going Viral: 42 Social Media Tips to Get More Fans, Generate Buzz & Drive Sales
· From Relationships to Brand Advocacy: 37 Ways Social Media Can Help Travel Agents Create Brand Advocates
· Best Bang for Your Buck: 42 Ways to Save Money, Save Time, and Drive More Sales
· 60 Tips in 60 Minutes: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels