The increasing number of travel choices, weather events and a growing demand for experiential travel are increasing the demand for the services of travel agents, said Travel Leaders Group CEO Ninan Chacko at The New York Times Travel Show. During the panel, Chacko spoke about the vital role today’s travel agent plays as a catalyst for industry growth.
“The fact is that the travel agency industry is flourishing, and more people than ever are recognizing the value of the travel agent,” said Chacko. “We represent more than 40,000 travel agents and they are busier than ever.”
Citing industry growth and a positive future, Chacko said Travel Leaders Group is naming 2018 “Year of the Travel Agent” and will launch a campaign to include agent communications, social media messaging and media relations efforts to highlight the vibrancy of the travel agency industry.
The campaign will focus on “12 Tenets of Travel Agents,” including:
- Travel agents help you before, during and after the journey.
- Travel agents are travel experts.
- Travel agents provide peace of mind wherever you travel.
- Travel agents have access to exclusive benefits.
- Travel agents design personalized experiences for each unique traveler.
- Travel agents cut through the clutter of the internet.
- Travel agents read the fine print.
- Travel agents study hard to become specialists.
- Travel agents make your dollars travel further.
- Travel agents are real people, accessible in real life.
- Travel agents are globally connected.
- Travel agents are passionate travelers, first and foremost.
Travel Leaders' brands include Andrew Harper Travel, Colletts Travel, Protravel International and Tzell Travel Group.
For more information, visit www.travelleadersgroup.com.