Bespoke tour company Audley Travel has announced it will expand its offerings with trips to Portugal and Spain, beginning in mid-July. Audley Travel’s Country Specialists will work directly with clients to design a personalized itinerary tailored to their individual interests. The Europe team’s 30 specialists have lived and traveled extensively in their specific countries of expertise, and can provide insight and in-depth knowledge on the locations.
Experiences in Portugal and Spain include:
- Hear Lisbon’s traditional Fado music while dining on authentic Portuguese cuisine.
- Hike the wilds of Arrabida Natural Park and have a picnic in a hilltop castle.
- Journey into the heart of the Alentejo for wine and gourmet food.
- Uncover Lisbon’s arts-and-culture-rich history, along with its modern and street art scene.
- Enjoy a private sailing experience to see Lisbon and Belém from the Tagus.
- Learn the tricks of the trade during a traditional cooking class and market visit in historic Faro.
- Visit the famed salt pans of Tavira and rejuvenate during a spa experience.
- Trek along the coastline of the Algarve.
- Climb aboard an eco-boat for birdwatching in the Rio Formosa nature reserve.
- Embark on a private cruise on River Douro with a gourmet lunch.
- Cook a traditional four-course Portuguese meal in a family kitchen, followed by a tour of the family’s estate.
- Enjoy wine tasting and hiking in the vineyards along the River Douro.
- Take a chocolate-themed walking tour of Barcelona.
- Hit the streets of Barcelona for a bicycle tour of tapas bars.
- Uncover the hidden wineries of Penedès on a cava tour with a picnic lunch in vineyard.
- Explore the hidden history of Castilla y Leon.
- Enjoy lunch in a private gastronomic society in San Sebastian.
- Cycle through the vineyards of the Rioja to see the Marques de Riscal, followed by a winery lunch.
- Hike through the mountains of the Rioja to an ancient monastery, followed by winery visit.
- Visit a family-run Jamón Ibérico farm and where Iberian ham is cured.
- Visit a family-run boutique olive oil mill for a tour and tasting.
- Indulge in a ham and sherry gourmet tasting with an expert ham cutter.
For more information, visit www.audleytravel.com.