Extraordinary Journeys is offering new tours in South America, including Argentina, Peru, Colombia, Ecuador and Chile, to name a few. According to Elizabeth Gordon, co-founder and CEO of Extraordinary Journeys, many of the company's African safari clients had been asking for similar experiences in other continents. Extraordinary Journeys then hired two Senior South America Specialists, Emma Fritz and Olivia Schellenberg, to head up development on the continent.
Along with the new destinations, Extraordinary Journeys has curated a selection of new itineraries, including eco-focused adventures in each new destination. These itineraries are designed for travelers wishing to reduce or mitigate their carbon footprint and environmental impact while traveling and for those interested in community-based tourism. Each itinerary incudes sustainable lodges and excursions based on foot, horseback, bike or with a community engagement element.
The tour company says it is aware that international and domestic flights generate the majority of carbon emissions for any traveler, which is why it offsets all client flights. The first eco-itinerary, “Sustainable Chile,” spans 12 days and showcases some of the most eco-conscious properties within the country. The journey takes travelers from the Atacama Desert to the Lakes District and culminates in Torres del Paine National Park in Patagonia. Other new unique, sustainable itineraries include “Sustainable Peru,” “Sustainable Ecuador” and “Sustainable Argentina,” with more destinations to come.
Extraordinary Journeys is also looking forward to showing travelers more of Antarctica. The newest itinerary to this destination includes “Antarctica & Patagonia Explored,” which begins with a voyage to Antarctica.
Here are a few of Extraordinary Journeys’ new itineraries:
- “Atacama & Easter Island Explored” – This journey takes travelers through the landscapes of the Atacama Desert, where guests can indulge in stargazing and uncover the region’s cultural heritage. The itinerary then leads them to Easter Island with its iconic moai statues.
- “Argentina’s Northwest” – This itinerary offers a blend of history, culture and nature. Travelers can explore the cities of Salta and Jujuy, known for their colonial architecture and indigenous influences. They can journey through colorful valleys, visit local markets and explore Quebrada de Humahuaca.
- “Argentine Wildlife Explored” – From the wetlands of Iberá, where travelers can spot rare species, to the Iguazú Falls, this journey celebrates Argentina’s rich biodiversity. The itinerary also includes the Valdés Peninsula, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its marine life and coastal landscapes.
- “Ecuador Luxury Tour” – This 12-day tour brings travelers to the historic city of Quito, the Andean highlands, and the Galápagos Islands. It is full of luxury touches and cultural surprises.
- “Chile’s Seaside Highlights” – This 12-day itinerary explores the fjords and glaciers of Patagonia and around Cape Horn, ending in Buenos Aires. Travelers will delve deep into the life and legacy of Chile’s celebrated poet, Pablo Neruda, as they pay a visit to his seaside residence in Valparaíso. Travelers will also have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the culture of Chiloé Island.
For more information, visit www.extraordinaryjourneys.com.