Clients heading to Las Vegas for the GEICO Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas Marathon and Half Marathon can catch the Monorail on the Las Vegas Boulevard South November 12.
The Strip will be closed beginning at 9 a.m. Sunday, November 12 and will reopen as runners clear. The finish line section will reopen at 2 a.m.
The Monorail takes travelers getting to and from the start and finish lines as well as makes stops at the Las Vegas Convention Center where the three-day Health & Fitness Expo ( November 9 – 11) is held.
The weekend schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, November 9, 3 – 7 p.m., Health & Fitness Expo, Las Vegas Convention Center
- Friday, November 10, 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Health & Fitness Expo, Las Vegas Convention Center
- Saturday, November 11, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Health & Fitness Expo, Las Vegas Convention Center
- Saturday, November 11, 6 – 8:30 p.m. Brooks Rock ‘n’ Roll 5K presented by SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Sunday, November 12, 3:55 – 6 p.m. GEICO Rock ‘n’ Roll Las Vegas 10K
- Sunday, November 12, 4:30 – 10 p.m. Marathon and Half Marathon
The closest Monorail stop for the start and finish line for the 10K is the SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino. The closest Monorail stop for the half marathon stop to start line is SLS Las Vegas Station Hotel & Casino. Spectators should get off at Harrah’s/The LINQ station for finish line viewing.
Good to know: The Monorail offers discounts up to 25 percent for multi-day passes purchased prior to November 6. Use the code RUN4 ($4 off 2-day pass) or RUN5 ($5 off 3-day pass) when buying tickets online at tickets.lvmonorail.com.