For the fifth year in a row, Protravel International will serve as the official travel sponsor of the annual Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One (SOBEWFF), taking place through February 23. The company will provide travel packages to be auctioned off at the festival's Tribute Dinner honoring Marcus Samuelsson and Jim Clerkin hosted by Masters of Ceremonies Andrew Zimmern and Melba Wilson, presented by Capital One and part of The NYT Cooking Dinner Series, as well as offer information to Festival attendees to help them plan their next luxury vacation.
Luxury travel experts from Protravel will be available through Sunday, February 23, and will present travel advice and inspiration to approximately 8,000 attendees during the Festival's Goya Foods’ Grand Tasting Village featuring Grand Tasting Tents & Publix Culinary Demonstrations presented by Sub-Zero Group Southeast event on Miami's South Beach.
For more than a decade, Protravel Miami advisor Carol Press has been booking travel for the celebrity chefs coming to SOBEWFF and, for the past four years, her colleagues at Protravel have joined the event to share their expertise in designing wine-and-food focused travel experiences with attendees under the tents on South Beach at the Goya Foods' Grand Tasting Village.
Protravel also worked with its partners to donate close to $60,000 in travel experiences that will be used during silent and online auctions to benefit the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University. The company worked with its travel partners to donate 15 luxury vacation packages, five of which will be in a silent auction during the Tribute Dinner on February 22. The other 10 luxury travel packages donated are part of the online auction open to the public and taking place now through March 4.
Protravel's donations to the Tribute Dinner include:
- Four-Night Athens, Greece Package with a two-night stay in Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens and a two-night stay in Hotel Grande Bretagne, Athens;
- Five-Night Italy Package with a three-night stay in Is Cheas Wine & Boutique Farm Hotel in Sardinia, a two-night stay in Mezzatorre Hotel & Thermal Spa in Ischia, and $1,000 towards any tours or transfers with Exclusively Italy;
- Four-Night Bahamas Package with a two-night stay at the Rosewood Baha Mar and a two-night all-inclusive stay at the Warwick Paradise Island;
- Mandarin Oriental Package including stays at Mandarin Oriental in Hyde Park, London, Paris, New York, Miami and Canouan; and
- The Aeolian Islands of Sicily Package with a three-night stay at Therasia Resort Sea & Spa Vulcano