The County of Los Angeles has issued an updated Health Officer Order which, amongst other things, permits the reopening of all retail (including stores located in indoor and outdoor retail shopping centers) at 50 percent capacity, effective immediately.
What this means: Retail businesses can begin operating immediately but must comply with and post at their place of business distancing and infection control protocols established by the County of Los Angeles before reopening. The protocols cover:
- Workplace policies and practices to protect employee health
- Measures to ensure physical distancing
- Measures to ensure infection control
- Communication with employees and the public
- Measures to ensure equitable access to critical services
The Los Angeles County Department of Health Officer order continues to limit restaurants to curbside pick-up and requires the following establishments to remain closed: Bars and nightclubs; gyms and fitness centers; movie theaters; concert halls; stadiums and arenas; bowling alleys; personal care businesses, including nail salons, hair salons and massage establishments; indoor and outdoor playgrounds for children; community centers; indoor museums; events and gatherings as specified in the order.
Guidelines for customers while retail shopping include:
- Wear face coverings
- Follow social distancing guidelines, including keeping a distance of at least six feet apart from others while inside or outside an establishment, and queuing with appropriate distancing outside stores
- Order ahead if possible and minimize time inside a store to prevent overcrowding
- Understand and respect the needs of store employees to require compliance with COVID-19 safety precautions