Carnival Paradise has returned to year-round cruise service from Tampa following an extensive month-long dry dock that added a variety of spaces and amenities, including a water park, 38 new staterooms, 98 balconies added to existing accommodations, and an array of exciting food and beverage concepts.
Carnival Paradise departed the afternoon of March 26 on a five-day Caribbean cruise to Cozumel and Grand Cayman – part of the ship’s year-round sailings from Tampa that also include four-day cruises to Cozumel and five-day cruises to Cozumel and Mahogany Bay (Roatan), Key West or Grand Cayman. The ship also offers four- to eight-day cruises to Cuba with day-long and overnight calls in Havana, as well as visits to popular ports throughout the Caribbean.
The new features added during dry dock include:
- Guy’s Burger Joint: A free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving burgers and fries amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture.
- RedFrog Rum Bar: A poolside watering hole offering Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
- BlueIguana Cantina: A complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy burritos and tacos, as well as a toppings and salsa bar.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar: A Mexican-themed bar serving tequila-based frozen drinks and beers by the pool.
- Camp Ocean: A colorful marine-inspired play area designed for kids ages 2-11 that showcases the wonders of the sea through more than 200 ocean-themed activities and science-oriented programming.
- Circle “C”: Designed for the 12- to 14-year-old set, this colorful space offers a space for kids to chill and connect, as well as enjoy dance parties, video games and more.
- New Staterooms and Enhancements: Thirty-eight staterooms have been added – two Grand Vista suites offering floor-to-ceiling windows, 22 junior suites, two scenic oceanview and 12 interior accommodations. Private verandahs have also been added to 98 existing accommodations, creating spacious new 230-square-foot balcony staterooms. All staterooms offer new island-inspired interiors with bright colors and soothing pastels inspired by the ship’s tropical itineraries.
- WaterWorks Aqua Park: Located on Verandah Deck, this all-ages water park has an enclosed 300-foot-long Twister water slide, two 82-foot-long racing slides, and a kiddie splash zone.
- Miniature Golf Course: A nine-hole miniature golf course has been relocated to Deck 14.
- Retail and Photo Enhancements: The retail shops have been completely reimagined with a new design and enhanced product offerings with multiple branded boutiques, including Pandora and Guess. The printed photo gallery has been replaced with a digital Pixels-branded platform that allows guests to identify and purchase images via their smartphones or at a nearby kiosk.
In addition to Carnival Paradise’s short cruise program, Carnival’s Tampa-based offerings include Carnival Miracle’s year-round six- and seven-day cruises visiting ports throughout the western Caribbean, as well as eight-day voyages that include a partial transit of the Panama Canal.