Princess Cruises has announced the third production show, "The Secret Silk," created in collaboration with Stephen Schwartz and his team. Schwartz is the Oscar, Tony and Grammy award-winning composer of “Wicked,” “Pippin,” and “Godspell.” The new show, created and directed by Tony Award-nominated John Tartaglia, debuts exclusively on Royal Princess starting in mid-February 2018 as the ship sails the Caribbean.
“The Secret Silk” includes:
- John Tartaglia, Creator and Director: an American puppeteer, actor, singer, dancer, voice artist, and comedian, whose theater performance credits include a Tony Award nominated Broadway debut in "Avenue Q," "Beauty and the Beast," and "Shrek The Musical." His off-Broadway, national and international touring show "ImaginOcean" premiered in November as a new Jim Henson Company series on PBS entitled, "Splash and Bubbles." John is also the host of SiriusXM On Broadway's "Sunday Funday."
- Shannon Lewis, Choreographer: A veteran of 10 Broadway shows including starring in the original cast of "Fosse," winner of the Tony Award for Best Musical. Lewis’s Choreography includes "Shrek the Halls," "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," and "A Dog Story."
- Anna Louizos, Scenic Designer: Louizos is a three-time Tony Award nominee with more than 18 Broadway shows to her credit. Currently, her sets and costumes can be seen in "School of Rock" on Broadway, London, and the U.S. tour.
- Clint Ramos, Costume Designer: Ramos is a set and costume designer for theater and live events. He has designed over 200 shows on Broadway, both in the U.S. and internationally. He is the recipient of the Tony Award, Obie Award for Sustained Excellence, three Lortel Awards, the TDF Irene Sharaff Award, two ATW Henry Hewes Awards, and a Helen Hayes Award.
- Brad Ellis, Musical Director: A former Los Angeles session musician who now orchestrates for major U.S. symphonies, and is best known as the silent piano player on "Glee."
- Adam Gwon, Original Song – Lyrics: A composer and lyricist whose musicals have been seen around the world in more than 200 productions, including off-Broadway and in London's West End.
- Jihwan Kim, Original Song – Music: Kim is a composer and composition teacher based in New York. His works include "Cupid and Psyche" with lyricist Sean Heartley, "Cinderella After the Ball" and "The Nutcracker Sings" with lyricist Eddie Sugarman.
This theatrical partnership adds to the cruise line's Come Back New Promise, a multi-million dollar investment to enhance the onboard guest experience. The line's partnership with Schwartz brings four exclusive production shows to Princess Cruises' guests including "Magic To Do," "Born To Dance," "The Secret Silk" and a fourth to be debuted in 2019.
For more, visit www.princess.com.