Star Princess has returned to service following a two-week, multimillion-dollar renovation, outfitting the ship with some of the latest Princess Cruises product innovations and enhancements to various onboard areas, the cruise line said.
Resuming a season of 15-day Hawaiian Island cruises roundtrip from Los Angeles and Vancouver through April before summer cruising in Alaska, Star Princess guests will enjoy new or updated onboard offerings.
The new enhancements, which are part of the line’s $450 million multi-year ship renovation 'Come Back New Promise' campaign, are:
- Sabatini's Italian Trattoria – This signature specialty restaurant now offers updated décor and a new menu developed in collaboration with Chef Angelo Auriana, Executive Chef and partner at the Italian restaurants, The Factory Kitchen and Officine BRERA, in Los Angeles. Inspired by fresh Northern Italian flavors the menu serves handmade pasta dishes from Chef Auriana, as well as family recipes from Italian Princess executive chefs.
- Princess Luxury Bed – Available in every stateroom aboard Star Princess, the Princess Luxury Bed was developed by Princess Cruises in collaboration with sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus and HGTV designer Candice Olson.
- Camp Discovery Youth & Teen Center – For cruisers ages 3-17, Star Princess now offers a reimagined youth center – Camp Discovery – created in partnership with Discovery Consumer Products, the licensing arm of Discovery Communications, as part of the cruise line's Discovery at Sea program. Catering to specific age groups, there are three center themes where kids and teens can make new friends and participate in activities specially designed to help them discover, play, create and huddle.
- Enhanced Boutiques – Guests will enjoy aesthetic enhancements to the Shops of Princess, offering an upgraded shopping experience, such as a branded Effy Fine Jewelry boutique and a modern Fragrance & Cosmetic shop. There will also be new products to choose from such as a new collection of Princess and Under Armour branded athletic wear and Princess logo apparel featured in a newly designed Logo shop.
- Lotus Spa & Fitness Center – The salon and treatment rooms have been upgraded, as well as the fitness equipment.
- Casino – The space’s machines and tables have been reconfigured, and the carpeting has been replaced.
Other general refurnishing upgrades of carpet and upholstery are found throughout Star Princess.
The line’s 15-day Hawaiian Island cruises sail to four islands — including a full day and late evening in Honolulu to see the sights and experience its nightlife. Cruise fares start at $1,299.